Lumia 640 XL Bugs + Defects

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
WARNING:If you get a Lumia 640 XL be extremely careful removing the back cover to access sim card, micro sd card or battery. The material it is made of is not nearly as good as Lumias of the past. The thin ligament over the power button on mine has already cracked and I am sure I was being very careful when removing the back cover and still it somehow cracked. BE CAREFUL.
640xl cracked.jpg

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
How is this a defect or bug? do you expect the phone to run on air at night?

I have a black Lumia 640XL bought it just 4 days back....the battery drains 2 to 4% overnight....is this normal?(I have no background apps running and battery saver is always on)..do i need to perform a factory reset?It takes around 4 hours to charge the battery from 20% to 100%..

P.S I think the 640 XL..has a tendency to oversharpen images...it kind of looks like all the shots you take are in HDR mode...give me some pointers :)

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok!
had to get rid of my 640xl...it had severe battery drain for a windows phone(the sole reason for buying this phone was because of its battery life and camera..and i was not impressed)....i just used screen lock and unlock to check normal messages when i was at work...i was shocked that it lost 26 - 27% in 6 hours..and i hardly touched the phone once or maybe twice for 2 to 3 minutes each hour to reply back..the battery saver mode was always on and no back ground tasks running...iam feeling down that my hard earned money was wasted..within 2 weeks of purchase...my gripe about this phone was that it took around 4 hours+ to charge and if it cannot even last a single day..then whats the use of the phone? Luckily i got my 172.6$ back...and this is the last time ill try my luck with a windows phone..

P.s i still will never regret owning the nokia lumia 720...it was the king of all the lumia devices till now..at least for me.

darkdragon_02

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if it's a bug or something wrong with my phone but the battery is draining very fast. The first week it was really good. It lasted around 2 days but the last couple of days it lost 2-3% charge per minute when I turn on the screen. I checked battery saver and the 4 apps I use the most (whatsapp, facebook messenger, 6tag, twitter) have 2-3% usage last 24 hours. I factory restored from the phone then used the windows phone recovery tool and started without backup but the issue continue. Has anyone had the same problem?

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Rule of Thumb: for a phone get the Class 10. UH whatever. and of reliable quality. So much of the experience depends on it. Something so small as cheap contacts can hurt you.

Thank you. I clear some more space to my SD card. It seems my SD card is infected by virus because last night I received notification on my phone saying I need to scan my SD card. So I choose ok. Then everything seems to be ok. But earlier this morning after I closed the team viewer app, I pulled the notification and selected the message from my messages. Then my screen turned into gray. I just waited for it to load then it resumes as supposed. Does anyone experienced it too?

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
WARNING:If you get a Lumia 640 XL be extremely careful removing the back cover to access sim card, micro sd card or battery. The material it is made of is not nearly as good as Lumias of the past. The thin ligament over the power button on mine has already cracked and I am sure I was being very careful when removing the back cover and still it somehow cracked. BE CAREFUL.
View attachment 106341

I got three replacement covers off eBay from China. Arrived in about a week or so. Well worth the $15 each or less. I can also swap out the colors according to my mood. I also gave them a very close inspection. As far as I can tell, they are genuine, either that or the best knockoff on the planet.

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got the lumia 640 xl, but after 2 weeks of use, i notices a yellow tint at the top of the screen whenever the background is light. I'm currently awaiting to see if the ebay seller will take returns...

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info mate... No i will look if I can get any of one I like. I pre-ordered a device and received black one. So I wish I can find any orange or green. Cheers #lumian

I got three replacement covers off eBay from China. Arrived in about a week or so. Well worth the $15 each or less. I can also swap out the colors according to my mood. I also gave them a very close inspection. As far as I can tell, they are genuine, either that or the best knockoff on the planet.

kochi-india

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys,i bought Lumia 640XL one month back and i have a serious issue with this handset,it is not not capturing GSM signals approximately below -80dBM. I did contact the customer service center and still no use.

Last edited:

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Did you checked by inserting the sim card in another device that shows the GSM signals data? Is this problem everywhere in the city or only at specific place?

Hi Guys,i bought Lumia 640XL one month back and i have a serious issue with this handset,it is not not capturing GSM signals approximately below -80dBM. I did contact the customer service center and still no use.

kochi-india

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
In Samsung galaxy S4 and Moto E it works fine ..... Issue is with 640XL.. Issue is there everywhere in the city where signal strength is bit low.

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
what was the response from customer service center? Did you tried another sim card? What sim card you actually have? Did you tried any actual micro sim card rather than the one that was cutted at some local shops?

Last edited:

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought my Lumia 640 XL Dual SIM and in the beginning everything was fine. Now, I can't hear anything when I'm Calling people. They can hear me but I can't hear them. If I turn over to the speaker I can hear the person. When I turn the speaker off, it is silent again. I have checked that there is nothing covering the area the sound should come from. I have turned off my phone and restarted it. That did'nt solve the problem. Has anyone else experienced this? What do I do???

It seem that someone also has this problem..."Lumia 640 XL LTE No sound when phoening"...to resolve this the phone need to do a factory reset...after that the problem came back again....no update coming:unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

aiyaboyea

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Whenever i played music via earphones on my 640 XL, the button on the earphones just makes the volume higher, when it's supposed to pause/play/play previous/play next. Is there any way to change the button settings?

Chandan Hati1

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased a Lumia 640 XL. I have two issues which is quite bothering me:
1. The apps like True Caller and Gestures Beta do not show in the app list although they are there. Also I downloaded Sonic Dash which too does not appear on the list thereby making the app invisible. If I try to visit the store to re-download the same, it shows app installed so I can?t even download it again and that's not a very good news for me.
Also the video playback is not OK. If I try to play any mp4 file (movie) it stops after 5 -7 minutes of playback. I tried the native video player; tried VLC player even tried Moliplayer. It is happening in all the apps; playbacks for a few minutes and then just stops dead. The phone doesn't hang, but the app stops responding and compels me to force shut the app.
What is wrong with my phone? I never had any such issue with my old 920 :(
Any help?

RL76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

you got a link?

Stefan Blessing

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to me the day after I bought the phone...It's because you are supposed to remove the cover from the bottom of the phone & I pulled it off the top close to the buttons. Nokia care replaced my cover free of charge. But it seems like a weak point in the cover mainly because its a larger phone so there is more chance of flexing the cover.

Hebraist

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Lumia 640 XL in Czech a month ago and in the top right there is a big and bright yellow ?burn? spot. I think it may have something to do with the latest update that fixes random reboot. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Manas Roy1

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I've had multiple issues since the last firmware upgrade.

1. RAM issues while unlocking the phone
2. Screen freeze
3. Faster idle battery consumption,now lasts only 1 day that would normally last 2 days earlier with calls, browsong, wifi and gaming
4. bluetooth has a bug, needs a restart to recognise and connect to devices at time
5. app crashing and mailbox crashing

anybody else facing similar issues after the recent firmware upgrade?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwadani