Lumia 640 XL Bugs + Defects

lester bello

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I just bought a lumia 640 xl 4g lte version and my lock screen and start background is not working. until now my start background is still black and i can change it with any color or photo background. its kinda depressing. please help. thanks

rab19xx

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
My 640 XL is already a month old. I am not a heavy user but at full charge the battery saver now says I have only 1 day 5 hours left although it can last 2 days. The longest I have gone between charges is 2 days. I cannot make it to three days. I have no apps running in the background, gps is always off. Even glance screen is off. Either there's something wrong with my battery or with my unit.

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a lumia 640 xl 4g lte version and my lock screen and start background is not working. until now my start background is still black and i can change it with any color or photo background. its kinda depressing. please help. thanks

Tty restarting your phone by holding your power button for 10 secs or until your feel vibration
Didn't work ?!
Soft reset should do it .. By holding power button and volume down for about 10 secs or until you feel vibration

Last edited:

Awais Bilal

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I see small white circular dots on screen during some transition effects... These dots only appear for a moment during transition animation. Anybody else noticed it?

kosmikpun

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I see small white circular dots on screen during some transition effects... These dots only appear for a moment during transition animation. Anybody else noticed it?

No, I do not experience this. Has anybody experienced audio crackling sound during games. Its rather negligible. But its there.

Goroon

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, my APN settings were wrong, so it was constantly searching for a network. I blame my carrier for that and got the settings right (trial and error, no help from my carrier). It still only shows 4G, but when I run a speed test I get around 20 Mpbs, so I'm sure it's LTE.

Thanks for this feedback!

I have a XL LTE Dual Sim (purchased from Amazon France) and I also had similar symptoms of the phone hunting for a connection and frequently dropping both data and phone connection.

I'm in Sweden and my phone plan is with the company Comviq (part of the Tele2 group) the APN setting on the Comviq website is given as 4g.tele2.se (however the phone picked up an auto setting of internet.tele2.se which gave me no data whatsoever) but using the 4g APN setting gave me the problems with hunting for a signal.

So after seeing your post I googled for alternative APN settings and found one surf.comviq.se that now gives me a stable connection.

But then I had more weirdness the phone would only give me a data connection if I manually input this APN setting whilst my sim card was in the Sim 2 slot. However if I then swap the sim card back to Sim 1 the phone automatically picked up the surf.comviq.se setting and gave me a stable data connection. All seems really bizarre...

I have also had the problem that someone else reported of the screen turning black and the phone being totally unresponsive, I was just about to pull the battery when it recovered to work perfectly again. It has only happened once (I have the phone about 10 days now) and hope it won't be a repeating occurrence, has anyone had this happen more than once?

Is there lumia 640 xl lte single sim in the market ?

Where are you located?

In Europe there are 4 XL models available as I understand it, 3G single sim, 3G dual sim, 4G single sim & 4G dual sim but all are not available in every country. Here in Sweden only the 3G single sim & 4G single sim are available locally although the local Microsoft store only lists the 4G single sim model.

Of course the way to get the model of your choice is to purchase from one of the regional Amazon stores. I think the cheapest for the 4G LTE single sim model is Amazon Italy and for the dual sim LTE is Amazon France.

Can anyone recommend the best browser to use with the 640 XL?

Internet explorer gives me a number of problems. Hitting the back arrow most often results in jumping back to the previous website browsed rather than the previous page and the screen is way over sensitive, scrolling down some forum pages results in inadvertent button presses on quote buttons resulting in the page jumping down to the reply box, it is really irritating. That's one big downside of WP that we don't have Chrome browser but I doubt if that is ever going to change.

Arman Dones

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys! Please help! I tried using my camera today. As I am a big fan of bohe, I tried to do it. But, as I view the picture taken, it showed "Processing". At first, I was relax but there were random moments when the processing message do not complete and so my phone due to idle time switched to lock. I tried to restart my phone but this still happens. Please help me because I'm new WP and the reason I bought this is mainly because of camera and battery.

Tokuro Yamashiro

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had some fun with dual sim and profile (apn auto settings)...

My default SIM is US TMO in SIM1. Everything was working fine. I was in Finland last week and got a local SIM from DNA for data only (data only plan, no SMS/Phone). Pop that in SIM2, set data to SIM2 and auto-magically all worked ok. LTE in finland was fast, BTW. So far so good. Now off to UK and got a PAYG sim from 3. This PAYG is data/SMS/call sim. Pop that in SIM2 and it did not work (I suppose it's ok because I did not set data to go SIM2, which meant SIM2 was looking for GSM, not 3/4G which 3 does not have). I pop'ed 3 SIM in SIM1, US TMO in SIM2 then now worked ok.

now, when I came back to the US, I changed SIM 1 to have US TMO sim and moved SIM2 to have 3 SIM (I did not have a good way to store 3 SIM so I moved it to SIM2 location). It all seemed ok but I was getting no data. After looking around, I realized that SIM1's APN setting was blank, even though the phone says it's using tmobile automatic settings, which I know was working fine. I've tried several things but none worked. The only way I get my data (and MMS) back was to manually enter APM and MMS settings.

does anyone have similar experience and/or suggestion for getting this fixed so that I don't have to enter settings manually??

MohamedWaheed

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
The software WAZE, after of click the confirmation greater 13 age and I want updates by emails, not is presentation a button for confirmation for accept the terms.

And stopped, because there is no way to continue.

Apparently the buttons are on the screen to continue without the range of vision.

The People need the Waze.

Thank you.

View attachment 104870

Just hide your navigation bar, you will be able to accept the terms.

MohamedWaheed

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys! Please help! I tried using my camera today. As I am a big fan of bohe, I tried to do it. But, as I view the picture taken, it showed "Processing". At first, I was relax but there were random moments when the processing message do not complete and so my phone due to idle time switched to lock. I tried to restart my phone but this still happens. Please help me because I'm new WP and the reason I bought this is mainly because of camera and battery.

Are you saving the new photos to Phone Memory or SD Memory?

Arman Dones

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Okay, Just try to save them on the phone memory, See if the "processing issue" still exists or not.

Thank you. I clear some more space to my SD card. It seems my SD card is infected by virus because last night I received notification on my phone saying I need to scan my SD card. So I choose ok. Then everything seems to be ok. But earlier this morning after I closed the team viewer app, I pulled the notification and selected the message from my messages. Then my screen turned into gray. I just waited for it to load then it resumes as supposed. Does anyone experienced it too?

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. I clear some more space to my SD card. It seems my SD card is infected by virus because last night I received notification on my phone saying I need to scan my SD card. So I choose ok. Then everything seems to be ok. But earlier this morning after I closed the team viewer app, I pulled the notification and selected the message from my messages. Then my screen turned into gray. I just waited for it to load then it resumes as supposed. Does anyone experienced it too?
The scanning of the sdcard doesn't mean there is a virus. It's happened to me before to. Something just goes wrong or an error occurs. Not sure about the team viewer problem though maybe you need to reset the phone or make sure the app is installed on the phone to see whether its the SD cards fault or not.

Arman Dones

May 11, 2015
Visit site
The scanning of the sdcard doesn't mean there is a virus. It's happened to me before to. Something just goes wrong or an error occurs. Not sure about the team viewer problem though maybe you need to reset the phone or make sure the app is installed on the phone to see whether its the SD cards fault or not.

Thanks. I will try to move it to phone and provide feed back here. Though this is not a big concern except the long wait (2-3mins) before the phone resumes

MohamedWaheed

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

It is not a virus, it is just like the desktop windows when check your hard disk for errors. Anyway, I think your SD Card is faulty. Try to operate without it for few hours so you could test what the reason for your issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisaMarchent