Lumia 640 XL Bugs + Defects

s3iryu

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I am not able to get any solution for the issue with Camera of my 640 XL. I dont know why but all thee pictures I take from my 640 XL in day light (full natural light) the pictures comes shady and darker. I have tried with rich capture on/off but I get the same result. A fridn of mine has recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Max and have a 13 MP camera. So I took a picture in same light at same time from both the phones. The picture of Samsung phonwe was looking so bright and sharp. Apart from this I am very happy with my Lumia 640 XL.

I faced a similar issue when leaving the White Balance setting to auto when taking bright daylight pictures, in auto mode the photo has a yellowish tint. Setting the White Balance to sunlight manually, the photo came out fine. See photos below for the comparison:

Auto mode:
Auto.jpg

Manual mode:
Manual.jpg

Attachments

• Auto.jpg
    Auto.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • Manual.jpg
    Manual.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6

Tore Rosander

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
640 LTE: Im having problems with the touchsensitivity. If i make the same swipe 6-7-8 times in a row 1 or 2 of them does not respond as the others. I also misstype alot when writing sms/text. It also looks like there is a lag when scrolling up and down in the app list.

Milad Rad

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I have a problem with my new Lumia 640 XL. The thing is that when I open the Facebook App, when I click on the notification for a like or comment of a person, it leads to internet explorer and it opens the notification in it instead of opening the link inside the app. Does anybody know what should I do with it?

Hebraist

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
So I finally sent in my 640 XL for repair. They say it will take a month. But I honestly think it will just happen again because I have the same yellow burn spots on my Surface Pro. I wonder what could be causing it.

RK928

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
There's a thread also on this in the 640 forum, apparently Visual Voicemail (VVM) doesn't work on AT&T phones?

I have not been able to get Visual Voicemail to work, a real bummer because this is one of the nice features about a Windows phone and I had it on my AT&T Nokia 520.

I stopped at the local AT&T store and the nice support person there spent 1/2 hour with me on it and she made a phone call to support. They claim VVM is not supported on 640 and 640XL. I then called AT&T support myself, twice, both times they deleted my voicemail account and had me set up a new account. Nothing.

But, on the AT&T support website, there's a video clearly showing how to set up VVM using a 640.

Can anyone confirm that they do indeed have VVM working on an AT&T U.S.A. 640XL (or 640)? Thanks.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I bought a 640XL through AT&T about a week ago. The phone has started shutting its self down for no reason, this started last night and happened again over night. I just did a reset, so I hope the reset fixes the issue.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
You didnt even take the same picture again. one was half lit, the other totally lit. Pictures from phones are highly processed, looking from raw images on the 1520.

I faced a similar issue when leaving the White Balance setting to auto when taking bright daylight pictures, in auto mode the photo has a yellowish tint. Setting the White Balance to sunlight manually, the photo came out fine. See photos below for the comparison:

Auto mode:
View attachment 107580

Manual mode:
View attachment 107581

aiyaboyea

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
When i use headset commands with my 640xl, all it does is increase its volume. But when i use the same headset on my 720 and ipod, the commands next, previous, play/pause function well. Can i change how it works on the 640xl?

ghostcity123

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I am having problems with my Instagram app. When i try too post pictures they rotate sideways so i can not post them.
Well i could but it would look stupid..

Is this a common problem? I know that it might be the app since its only Beta.

But how can i then for example update my Lumina phone or the Instagram app?

Any help with this would be great :)

Tomazon

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi, that's a very impressive battery life, but i noticed there's no Sim card on the device. Did you use it with cellular data and still get those numbers?
Also, please describe your normal and heavy usage? Thanks in advance

My battery is not that good (but not as bad as some described here), and my devices gets warm in the back whit simple usage (whatsapp, nextgen reader, etc.). I think most of my battery drain is related to low cellular signal and the photo struggling to get it.

EDIT: Weird, there's no indicator of whom I'm replying to. Well, this is a reply to AmGaD-SaLaH in comment #58 (where he posted a screenshot with incredible battery life)

Pavstar619

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Sadly my 640 XL that arrived this morning is going back to Microsoft :(
There's a small but noticeable screen defect in the top right hand corner - the dreaded YELLOW TINT OF DEATH (on white backgrounds like Outlook / IE). It's visible on all but black backgrounds so impossible to ignore. MS Tech Support had me soft reset and then wipe the device but conceded it's a hardware fault.
Now I have to decide whether to wait for the refund cash or buy another one on a new order....patience is the more sensible option but I want a new tech toy NOW.

Hey I got the same yellow tint problem right now. Did u get urs fixed or refunded?

emma0

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I am having problems with my Instagram app. When i try too post pictures they rotate sideways so i can not post them.
Well i could but it would look stupid..

Is this a common problem? I know that it might be the app since its only Beta.

But how can i then for example update my Lumina phone or the Instagram app?

Any help with this would be great :)

Try to unlock the rotation orientation before you take images. It fixed mine.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I bought a 640XL through AT&T about a week ago. The phone has started shutting its self down for no reason, this started last night and happened again over night. I just did a reset, so I hope the reset fixes the issue.
Update: I am waiting for a warranty replacement from AT&T. While the shutting down stopped after a reset, I had the phone loose reception for no reason a couple of times this past week. Hopefully this replacement will work better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markarmjamtions