I've given up on the 640 XL

kevin_tenza

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I was so excited about this device at launch, i couldn't wait to purchase it. Two months later... Still not available. I really hated the SD400 but i would've overlooked it back then, but now the need has faded and I'm thinking i might as well wait for a Windows 10 mobile phone. I hate that the XL is so slow out the gate.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I was so excited about this device at launch, i couldn't wait to purchase it. Two months later... Still not available. I really hated the SD400 but i would've overlooked it back then, but now the need has faded and I'm thinking i might as well wait for a Windows 10 mobile phone. I hate that the XL is so slow out the gate.

Err where are you located?
Also are you venting your disappointment or have something else to say specifically?

kevin_tenza

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing Internet shops don't ship to South Africa? If that's the case, that sucks. I was only able to buy it last week, and I am very happy I did.

We have orange, the only good online retailer here. But they have had it as Coming soon' since the week after it was released.

Pavstar619

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Dayuuum that sucks cause I'm using one at hyper speed everyday. Microsoft's busy busy nowadays so you might expect some delay from them now and then (Although I did try to sell my 640XL 2 days after I bought it.Otherwise it's been 2 months and I'm counting the days lol. >>Android Geek here)

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
South Africa. I guess im venting. I really wanted something new. Coming from a 520 and 1020

I see.
Honestly, as a person who owned a Uganda 920, Denim never actually came, which leads me to believe that they either dont care or something with service providers is up.
I personally dont see how much greater the 640 is than your 1020 besides probably the battery and larger display?

kevin_tenza

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I see.
Honestly, as a person who owned a Uganda 920, Denim never actually came, which leads me to believe that they either dont care or something with service providers is up.
I personally dont see how much greater the 640 is than your 1020 besides probably the battery and larger display?

The larger displays does it for me, 6.7 inch is perfect. Lumia phones have not been widely and readily available here. I really hope MS doesn't drop the ball in Africa like Nokia did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2