why both sim cards have stopped in my lumia 640 xl ?

roi_noir

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Good morning to all;

I?ve changed my Lumia 630 DS to a Lumia 640 XL DS not lte.
I?ve used a Nanosim card for my 3g/2g flat rate and another one from the same operator to make calls.
I?m under WP 8.1 and all is updated.
For me, both sim cards have stopped. In the cellular menu +sim, I cannot find my sim cards.
Indeed, it?s displayed in grey ?Sim 1 setting? , sim card one, and it?s the same for im 2.
I can?t put my phone in plane mode, and I have then to restart my device. It works fine for a time and? and restarts again.
I?ve changed my internet sim card, but the problem persists. I?ve permuted the Sim cards,,, it?s the same.
I add a screenshot.
What I must do ? change the device ? the sim cards ? or other thing ?

Thanks

Attachments

• cell.jpg
    cell.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 4

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible that you didn't insert the SIM cards correctly? The 640XL takes micro SIM cards, not NANO. You could either get an adapter that takes the nano to a micro or you could carefully slide the nano SIM into the micro slot. You need to move it all the way to the right side (going by sliding in direction) and move it slightly further than flush with the back. If you look at the image in the link of a micro adapter you can get an idea of how far in and how far right you have to push the SIM into the slot.
Capture.PNG

I've done this on mine and my wife's and it works.

Hope it's as simple as that.

good luck

roi_noir

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I tried with the sim card used for calls, and there is no problem.
But, the 2 sim cards work nicely in my Lumia 630 ds.

roi_noir

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Do You think that the problem will ne solved if I return my device and replace it by a new one ?
If there is an incompatibility between my sim cards and all Lumia 640 ds models, I prefer keep my phone.
Thanks.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Do You think that the problem will ne solved if I return my device and replace it by a new one ?
If there is an incompatibility between my sim cards and all Lumia 640 ds models, I prefer keep my phone.
Thanks.

I do not know. I have not tried two sims simultaneously yet. I suspect there are limitations after reading some of the other threads here. E.g.
this one
http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-640-xl/349615-dual-sim-3g-vs-dual-sim-4g.html

some folks having problems reported on MS forums.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...l/a27c1a52-5b75-41ad-87a0-d58e154fed8a?auth=1

indicates it may also be operator related too. Certainly contact your provider.

Last edited:

roi_noir

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Thank you amigo.
With your help I know I am not the only to have some issues with Lumia 640 xl ds.
I think that will be useless to return back the phone to Nokia seller, the problem is in the Lumia 640 model (this is my conclusion).
Anyway , my next phone will not be a Microsoft phone. They took my 300 € quickly, but they took all the time response their costumers.
Good bye.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried cleaning the Sims? Have you used compressed air to clean the sim point on the phone? Does your sim card need to be replaced with a new one (just transfer your details to the new sim your carrier will do this for you)

Mohamed Ahmed Nader

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I had a 630 DS and it behaved the same as urs and then it just stopped getting any signal one day. And that's from both sim cards!! Sent it to Nokia care and they wanted to charge me almost the price of the phone for a new antenna and said the antenna was wet or so I thought, had it sent to a private shop to give it a look and he said that someone messed with some antenna pins and ruined the PCB also told me that the signal transmission line is right next to the power line from the charger so basically it wasn't about being wet it was bad PCB architecture.

Morale of the story. U should change it/the phone while u can

roi_noir

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
to yasfer,
I don't threat. I just share my experience with you about Windows phone Lumia 640.
And about trying different operators SIM cards, I ask if it is normal that a phone works with 2 different operators cards but not with same operators, when other phones work with every/any SIM cards like Nokia Lumia 630 ds !?.
Have a nice day/night.

roi_noir

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I had a 630 DS and it behaved the same as urs and then it just stopped getting any signal one day. And that's from both sim cards!! Sent it to Nokia care and they wanted to charge me almost the price of the phone for a new antenna and said the antenna was wet or so I thought, had it sent to a private shop to give it a look and he said that someone messed with some antenna pins and ruined the PCB also told me that the signal transmission line is right next to the power line from the charger so basically it wasn't about being wet it was bad PCB architecture.

Morale of the story. U should change it/the phone while u can
Thanks bro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar