Unable to access Audio setting

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
I am unable to access the Audio setting under Extras menu.
when i tab on audio the following dialog box is displayed " audio can't be opened.An app update may be available in the store."
i had recently reset my phone.

Device Information:
Device : Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Dual Sim
Build : 1607 (10.0.14393.576)

Thanks and regards,
Raviraj

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Have you checked that you have enough storage free on your phone?
You mention you have recently reset your phone, maybe this did not complete correctly.
Can you try a hard reset? just to rule this out.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
When you do a hard reset, it is advisable not to restore from any previous back ups as it might mess up your phone, or causing problems on your phone.

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Have you checked that you have enough storage free on your phone?
You mention you have recently reset your phone, maybe this did not complete correctly.
Can you try a hard reset? just to rule this out.
i tried a hard reset but no luck :(
when i visit the store, there is this app "equaliser" which tries to update but unfortunately it doesn't update.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Agree but i need my earlier stuff :( that is the reason i have to restore my backup.

Could you specify what those earlier stuffs are? Because if your stuff are only photos, then those can be backed up to your PC temporarily. If it's apps and games with their respective save games, then I can only see the logic in restoring backup for saves. IMHO, reinstalling an app fresh after hard reset is better than installing them via backup. It's what probably caused your phone to become buggy in the first place.

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Could you specify what those earlier stuffs are? Because if your stuff are only photos, then those can be backed up to your PC temporarily. If it's apps and games with their respective save games, then I can only see the logic in restoring backup for saves. IMHO, reinstalling an app fresh after hard reset is better than installing them via backup. It's what probably caused your phone to become buggy in the first place.
Couple of apps and text messages :(

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Couple of apps and text messages :(

Apps should be freshly reinstalled, and text messages can be restored via backup on your Outlook account, IIRC, without requiring to restore from an actual phone backup when your phone reboots after the hard reset.

Also, text messages for other chat apps i.e. WhatsApp provides it's own back up mechanism. They back up your message to your SD card I believe, with an option to back it up to OneDrive as well.

mtiede

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Do you have an sd card? I do and sometimes apps seem to want to either prefer the card or the phone storage. Try changing the default device under storage. Then try download or update again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon