Lumia 640 Case & Cover Thread

nexus7man

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, this does fit the 640 LTE doesn't it?
The only thing that makes me apprehensive is the screen cover, do they actually clip closed over the screen or do they just close against it?

Last edited:

D21K

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Thank you, this does fit the 640 LTE doesn't it?
The only thing that makes me apprehensive is the screen cover, do they actually clip closed over the screen or do they just close against it?
do they actually clip closed over the screen or do they just close against it?
I don't really understand this question. here's the official hand on video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wu9AolxB4Q

The only thing that makes me apprehensive is the screen cover[/I]
is a flip cover, it has all the problem with flip covers (you need to move the screen cover all the way back to receive calls, you cant use the main camera with the screen cover all the way back :grincry: all that stuff)

also a review CC-3089 Microsoft Cover for Lumia 640 review - All About Windows Phone

nexus7man

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Now I'm confused guys, is mine an XL or LTE? In the ''about my phone'' it just says LTE and not XL? Its bigger than my old 620.

When the flip screen cover is in the closed position against the screen is there anything keeping it closed? Or can it just un-flip itself to the open position?

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640 Case & Cover Thread

Sounds like you have a 640. The 620 has a 3.8" screen, the 640 is 5", and the 640XL is 5.7".

LTE refers to the type of cellular radio, not the screen size.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Now I'm confused guys, is mine an XL or LTE? In the ''about my phone'' it just says LTE and not XL? Its bigger than my old 620.

When the flip screen cover is in the closed position against the screen is there anything keeping it closed? Or can it just un-flip itself to the open position?
You have the regular size, which is just called 640 LTE. The XL is 640 XL LTE.

nexus7man

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
It arrived today, have to admit I'm a little disappointed with it, I just don't see how this can provide any screen protection at all. There is no clasp or clip so you rely on gravity or luck to keep it closed, dirt could easily find its way in between the cover and the screen and as the cover can move around quite a bit it could be worse of any sharp objects find their way in there.
It has a matt textured finish which I can see being a nightmare to clean and no doubt it will scratch easily but my real problem is the lack of protection, the flap is flimsy and not rigid enough to prevent the screen from getting broke. This might offer some protection providing you treat your phone as if it didn't have a cover on the screen at all which kind of defeats the point but if your after a system of protection that you don't have to worry about this isn't it.
I work as a mechanic in a busy workshop and have broke a couple of phones so far so for me this case is pretty pants.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the cyan CC-3089 flip shell case for the Lumia 640 and my experience is the exact opposite to yours. The flip cover adequately protects the screen and the microfibre lining helps to keep the screen clean too. No scratches either. The matte finish largely avoids (and hides) scratches, and I'm more confident holding the device than with the OEM glossy shells. I don't kind the flap to be flimsy. All-in-all I've had no problems with it.

That said, you're a mechanic and obviously I can see why you'd be worried the flip case could get dirty and the phone damaged.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Here I am again!

A couple of weeks ago, I bought the official orange flip cover for my Lumia 640, which arrived earlier today from all the way in the UK.

Here it is next to the cyan cover, still packed. I'll post some more pictures later when I unbox it.
DSCN20726.jpg

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Here's some pics of the official orange flip case for the Lumia 640:

The front cover's outer layer is leatherette with the Microsoft logo embossed at the bottom
DSCN20741.jpg

The extra-thick back is made from solid polycarbonate and has a matte finish, which means there's no chance of slippage
DSCN20742.jpg

Microfibre-lined inner cover with single card slot
DSCN20744 (1).jpg

The camera and flash are recessed due to the shell's extra thickness
DSCN20745.jpg

I like the bright orange colour, which makes the phone stand out. It helps to liven up one's mood a little too.

It's pretty much the same deal as what I said about the 640 XL flip case. If you see one, I suggest you snap one up quick!

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This, right here, looks worth the price of admission.

Capture02.png

Gotta protect that lens.

Overall it looks sharp. I LOVE that Lumia Orange. The Green suits me more, but the Orange is nicely done and always a contender.

benh

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know where to find a cyan oem flip cover. I can get one from expansys, but the shipping is the same cost as the cover.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a flip cover that should last and isn't too bulky. Or is the oem cover much better?

This is mainly to protect from the occasional drop by my mother :)

Thanks
Ben

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know where to find a cyan oem flip cover. I can get one from expansys, but the shipping is the same cost as the cover.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a flip cover that should last and isn't too bulky. Or is the oem cover much better?

This is mainly to protect from the occasional drop by my mother :)

Thanks
Ben

Ebay. There are lots of choices and many with free shipping.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I bought an original matte black shell for my 640 from fonejoy:

DSCN20873 copy.JPG

Surprisingly, I actually prefer the black shell over the glossy white, orange and cyan. The black shell's matte finish feels pleasant in the hand, and the texture definitely feels more coarse than the matte orange and cyan flip cases too. The added benefit of a matte finish is that helps to hide fingerprints. Although, if you have greasy fingers from handling food (or excessively sweaty hands) then of course your paw prints will stand out no matter what.

DSCN20876 copy.JPG

You can *almost* feel the texture of the shell just from looking at it (click to enlarge).

Now to track down the official black flip case.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes