Attach files in email app on Windows 8.1?

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Bought a brand new 640 last night for a great seal.

Set it all up and found windows denim quite nice. But I couldn't attach files from the email app. I need this feature while replying emails as I use my phone a lot for business. So I didn't even look much. Got the insider preview version of windows 10 on it. So far it's looking good .

I'd still like to try the Windows denim OS. Is there a way to update email app so that I can attach files while composing an email on windows 8.1?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
There should be a paper clip icon to attach files on 8.1, and from there, you can choose what kind of file you want to attach.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
There should be a paper clip icon to attach files on 8.1, and from there, you can choose what kind of file you want to attach.

Yes.
But it only gives option to attach photos or images. Nothing like a file manager Interface you've on Windows 10 to choose any documents you want to attach.

Sent from mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Ah, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I really thought there were more options. I usually send pictures so I never really thought about it.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The company that created Outlook on the desktop couldn't be bothered/were too incompetent (take your pick) to add that feature to WP8.1, for advanced smartphones only.... /s

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Just install the file manager, search the item you want to attach, select it and choose share and choose the email you wanna use to share the attach, undersstand? xD

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Just install the file manager, search the item you want to attach, select it and choose share and choose the email you wanna use to share the attach, undersstand? xD

Yes - but i want the ability to attach files when i reply to an email. This is a basic feature I think windows 8 should have.??

boonesmi

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes - but i want the ability to attach files when i reply to an email. This is a basic feature I think windows 8 should have.??

i totally agree, it really should be available. several times ive been deep into composing an email and realize i need to attach something. which means i have to start all over :(

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
That's the sole reason I jumped to Windows 10. It was absolutely horrifying not to be able to attach files in a conversation. I was so fed up cause my work was completely mail related. Win 10 is buggy but at least my mails are sorted now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss