Tell me the disadvantages

Status
Not open for further replies.

iJohnnyCash

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody,

My Lumia1320 is enough old. I have some hardware issue with display (the yellow things) and the battery. Also I feel extremely disappointment with the new policy for W10. I am already in insider builds but I have some crash issue and the WP8 is no more a option, for example the Spotify will not work.

I have not enough money and so I am thinking for Lumia 650 cause I like the 16GB memory, the design, the removable battery and also because is already W10. The last one reason was also reason I am scare for 640XL.

That I don't like is CPU and the screen.

I use my phone in this way:
  • To ready big pdf or powerpoint notes (sometimes 50 pages or 20mb large files)
  • Spotify lover!!
  • Every week I need recording meetings, each is 2hours duration
  • Newsholic: I read too much articles (flipboard, WebPage)
  • Good to have: the ability to see some videos online (youtube) or offline.

What you suggest to me?

PS: Of course I prefer 950XL :p
PS2: Of course Android is not a option.
PS3: Do you think Lumia 640XL fit to me better?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. My biggest issue is Spotify.
Right now there is nothing for you, whether that will change in the future is unclear. I would not proceed without a Spotify solution.

2. The 640 XL is there if you want a bigger phone.

3. Android may have to be an option. You may think its nothing more than a malware infested platform that performs worse than an unpatched Windows Vista install on a 1998 HP Pavilion. But choose wisely, and it's a fine platform with much to offer, including Microsoft. If you choose well.

iJohnnyCash

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
1. My biggest issue is Spotify..
Right now there is nothing for you, whether that will change in the future is unclear. I would not proceed without a Spotify solution.
What you mean with that?
I have already Spotify in my Lumia 1320. I miss something??

3. Android may have to be an option. You may think its nothing more than a malware infested platform that performs worse than an unpatched Windows Vista install on a 1998 HP Pavilion. But choose wisely, and it's a fine platform with much to offer, including Microsoft. If you choose well.
I know enough to be protected from malwares but I don't like android as platform and also Google Services.

Most apps are annoyingly. Notification Ads, big banners you can not control enough the background services and thinks like so.

Last one and most important, I am Microsoft Exchange guy. I need a very good PIM (Agenda) as email Client and as Task/Agenda/Contacts (The official outlook android/iOS app I don't like, its very messy for the contacts)

But, ok is my personal choice about android.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What you mean with that?
I have already Spotify in my Lumia 1320. I miss something??

I know enough to be protected from malwares but I don't like android as platform and also Google Services.

Most apps are annoyingly. Notification Ads, big banners you can not control enough the background services and thinks like so.

Last one and most important, I am Microsoft Exchange guy. I need a very good PIM (Agenda) as email Client and as Task/Agenda/Contacts (The official outlook android/iOS app I don't like, its very messy for the contacts)

But, ok is my personal choice about android.

Nevermind, there was news of Spotify dropped WP earlier but a search shows its not quite the case I believe.

Most apps don't bother me, and I muted/could nix the one that did. Notification ads are nonexistent if you choose reasonably well. Even then, they're rare.

I actually have had a pretty good Exchange experience with the Blackberry suite of Android apps. (BB Services + Tasks + Notes + Contacts + Calendar + Hub - works on 5.x - 6.0, although it sometimes says BB Services crashed, but thats not a problem. Though you COULD get a Priv. Needless to say I've ditched Outlook for them. See the Android app subforum on crackberry.)

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I received my 650 today. The only disadvantage until now is that the glance screen does not show the detailed app status. Its only possible to display time, date and the notification symbols. I don't get why Microsoft is differentiating glance like this on different devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes