Been with
lumia 920
Lumia 1020
Lumia 1520

Been suggestion people
Lumia 520
Lumia 640
and Lumia 920

I love the phone but each time i see something cool is't "android, IOS"..

Three examples

New Restuarant here in Sweden where you order food with your Phone, IOS and Android only :(
Just bought a new keyboard from Logitech 910 Orion for 180$.. app? Yes only IOS and Android.
And ofc my Bank is only supporting IOS and Android.

My "Subscription" for my phone ends in november so i can get a new Phone. Do they have Microsoft? No, only Samsung, Sony and Apple.
Do i want to buy a lumia 950XL and a "Subscription" for a lot of money? No?!

My 1520 cost me ~250$ over 24 month while a brand new in store cost 600$ so thats why i want the phone with my "Subscription".

Looking at Sony Z5.. but i really want a Lumia 950xl =( but stuff keeps me to think away.

Why should i keep going for Lumia?

Why?

If you can't answer your own question after your vast experience with Windows phones, then you don't really want one.

Move on.

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Been with
lumia 920
Lumia 1020
Lumia 1520

Been suggestion people
Lumia 520
Lumia 640
and Lumia 920

I love the phone but each time i see something cool is't "android, IOS"..

Three examples

New Restuarant here in Sweden where you order food with your Phone, IOS and Android only :(
Just bought a new keyboard from Logitech 910 Orion for 180$.. app? Yes only IOS and Android.
And ofc my Bank is only supporting IOS and Android.

My "Subscription" for my phone ends in november so i can get a new Phone. Do they have Microsoft? No, only Samsung, Sony and Apple.
Do i want to buy a lumia 950XL and a "Subscription" for a lot of money? No?!

My 1520 cost me ~250$ over 24 month while a brand new in store cost 600$ so thats why i want the phone with my "Subscription".

Looking at Sony Z5.. but i really want a Lumia 950xl =( but stuff keeps me to think away.

Why should i keep going for Lumia?
Just move on if you can buy both. I own a galaxy S5 and of couple of Lumias or get a WP launcher for your Android phone.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Fast lane? Everyone else has had this stuff for 2 plus years! Even friggin Apple has mobile payments! I am done waiting. I'll be back when MS gives me a reason to come back. But right now their message seems to be use anything BESIDES Windows Phone, because we just don't care.
And somehow, I don't miss any of it. I should feel like you and I admittedly have my moments but on balance, I'm still happier doing Windows Phone. I know where IOS an android lives should I need more but today, I'm still good. Its easier when you stay in your own lane..for me anyway.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I find it ironic but once project Islandwood (i think that is the iOS version) is released people can import the Microsoft apps onto our Windows Phones and finally have fully featured Microsoft apps on our Microsoft phones.

Personally I really love tech so I play around with all the platforms. I have 3 Androids (well, one is an Amazon Fire Phone), 2 Windows Phones and almost every iPhone except 2G/3G models. I'm really loving my Lumia 640 and for the price it is tough, if not impossible to beat (unless you count that I only paid $9.77 for the Fire Phone after prime is accounted for :) )

At the end of the day even if your needed/wanted apps are on Windows Phone in my experience it will be vastly less featured and much less frequently updated than its iOS and Android counterparts. For example, banking apps are usually far more feature filled on iOS and Android, and for local banks they likely do not exist at all.

I understand how much you love Lumia phones, there is a lot to love, but if you end up buying a phone based on solely looks and not function you are only holding yourself back. Believe me it is not lost on my the irony of me saying this in the same post as Apple phones, but if you really set aside fanboism, both iPhones and Android phones are HIGHLY functional. Android has also come a LONG way in the last 2 years and continues to improve.

I'm really REALLY hoping project Astoria and Islandwood are a hit, because I think that would be awesome. More competition makes the other guys work harder and I love Windows Phone 8.1 and 10's interfaces. If all of my google/playstore apps worked on my Windows Phones i'd probably get rid of all but 1 of my Androids.
You make it sound as if windows phones are not functional. I can do nearly the same exact things in all three ecosystems but I prefer doing them in windows phone way.
There are a few apps I lack but I discovered when I had the iPhone 6 for a month, our third party apps are just as good and sometimes better and while I had a crap ton of apps, it didn't change the fact I find android and IOS to be awful Os. Well iPhone is okay but android is awful.

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
How exactly do you do that? Link to an article would be appreciated.

<deleted by moderator>

Moderator Note:

Windows Central is not linking to the file nor providing instructions on how to sideload. Simply put, the software is not finished, and the ability to steal Android apps is not something we would like to promote.

We will not tolerate any links or directions or the discussion of activities deemed illegal.

Remember, from our Community Rules and Guidelines: Illegal Activities - Do not post, sell, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, UDID's or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussion on how to defeat the insurance protection with it on or off devices will not be tolerated on the forums: Remember accidental damage is not done on purpose. Claiming damage be accidental for the purposes of an insurance claim is misrepresentation and, fraud. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. Discussion regarding stolen devices is not permitted.*

Last edited by a moderator:

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
You first.

I have. I was missing ParentVue and a couple others. Installed it on my TP running 10512. Works like a charm. However, 10536 has bricked my 1520. Soft and Hard Keys are unresponsive. Waiting for phone to run out of battery so I can update my Android apps and reload.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
[NOTE]Moderator Note:

Windows Central is not linking to the file nor providing instructions on how to sideload. Simply put, the software is not finished, and the ability to steal Android apps is not something we would like to promote.

We will not tolerate any links or directions or the discussion of activities deemed illegal.

Remember, from our Community Rules and Guidelines: Illegal Activities - Do not post, sell, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, UDID's or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussion on how to defeat the insurance protection with it on or off devices will not be tolerated on the forums: Remember accidental damage is not done on purpose. Claiming damage be accidental for the purposes of an insurance claim is misrepresentation and, fraud. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. Discussion regarding stolen devices is not permitted.*[/NOTE]

Last edited:

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
All that is very public knowledge <referring to deleted post explaining how to sideload> on Windows Central. What is also very public are links that point to hacking tools from this forum. Highly discouraged.
Honestly I would stay if I were able to load up apps that are in IOS an d android ! Its all im missing for work and play! Plus that apps that are on all platforms are bad on WP! Like facebook......man what a bad app.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I would stay if I were able to load up apps that are in IOS an d android ! Its all im missing for work and play! Plus that apps that are on all platforms are bad on WP! Like facebook......man what a bad app.

Facebook looks fine to me oh my HTC One M8. I see what my friends post, I can reply or comment and its updated in a timely manor. Videos play, images show up and links work.

Not sure what work or play app you need to have on a phone but I respect the fact that we don't have them all and you have a point. Having said that, if there is an app i must have, at a whim, I'd be on that platform. For instance, my wife uses a particular medical app unavailable on Windows phone. So she has to get the tools for that. That's what I recommend what everyone do. I said it before. Do You.

Don't sit around here crying when you know how to solve your own problem. Believe me, if I needed an Iphone, you'd find me on IMore, not Windows Central.

ancre-leme

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 930 and I really enjoy this phone. However I agree that is frustating when we see the launch of a great app in Android or IOS and when we go search it in the Store it is not available for Windows Mobile. I feel a sensation of abandonment.

sguy156

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Not having banking apps , airline apps is starting to be frustrating, even outlook on android has more features then outlook on WP10. MS will spend more time/resources on android or iOS .
Other issue is apps on WM don't get updated frequently, official instagram took more than year to update ...

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
One thing that everyone here forgate about.. You love wp but can't wait an leave till they fix it, but do any of you even think about ,,them"? Will ,,they" offer support if we all leave or will they just shutdown? We need to stay and fight and wait, leaving will just make us harm.

pepsicocom

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
you nailed it: "if you a little tech savvy" if not, Android/iOS prepackaged "ecosystem" is the place to be. Are "mobile apps" really that important if you have a robust processor and a 5" + size display with a browser? I don't think so. If a bank, local restaurant, or whatever launches an iOS/Android only app, I go to my browser and guess what, all the functions are there. It is personal preference in the end but you will never find me lining up outside a shop or playing the device envy game.

Games and horoscope apps I suppose are big advantages for the mass market platforms, but I don't personally do that.

pepsicocom

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
What is so hard about going to an airline website: aa.com, delta.com, etc? I do my mobile banking on the 1520 the way I do it on the desktop. I can see your point about a smaller display. On a smaller than 5 inch display the "full desktop" version of websites are hard to use but most have a mobile version anyway. I think it is a thin line between a "mobile version" website accessible from any browser and an "app."

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
A lot of places (banks, airlines, restaurants, etc...) are moving away from native applications anyways. As ARM processors get faster and faster, the limitations that existed say 3-4 years ago become less and less of an issue. Yes, native code will always be faster and yes, you'll have access to less hardware, but large strides have been made in making html based applications more "applike".

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft did announce that Win 10 mobile will get mobile pay. Wait until the new flagships are released next month. Don't rely on the renderings.
They will only be officially announced next month. I wouldn't expect them to be actually released for another 2 or 3 months. Keep waiting.

Joe Acerbic

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
missing top Apps like Clash of Clans, Game of War or Snapchat
To reiterate (with fewer excuses for flagging): I'd be happy and proud to use a system exclusively geared towards intelligent people, free of Clash of Clans, Game of War or Snapchat. I'd pay a premium for the privilege.

erfanjafar

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
And somehow, I don't miss any of it. I should feel like you and I admittedly have my moments but on balance, I'm still happier doing Windows Phone. I know where IOS an android lives should I need more but today, I'm still good. Its easier when you stay in your own lane..for me anyway.

You sound like a guy with some bad-*** wisdom.

erfanjafar

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 930 and I really enjoy this phone. However I agree that is frustating when we see the launch of a great app in Android or IOS and when we go search it in the Store it is not available for Windows Mobile. I feel a sensation of abandonment.

In my experience you get used to such sensations/feelings. And with time u'll love your lumia more.. been using my 925 since it launched and today i fell in love with it yet again coz of WM10. Patience is what our guys at Microsoft are asking...

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
The app situation is dire in WP. And to be honest, I became a WP fan because it was so different (read pivot system) but now its so much like the rest. I'm actually thinking of getting a Jolla phone. Unheard of. But.....i like something different.... I'm using a 1020 now...which I love for photography....but the app gap is not getting any better....youre MS....bully your way in! Use that colossal cash bank and get things going! Make it lucrative for developers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon