10-27-2015 10:33 AM
29 12
tools
    Microsoft need to get there act together it is closing in on Christmas fast and there is no indication when these phones are going to be available around the world.
    Vyenkatesh likes this.
    10-20-2015 08:02 PM
    Microsoft did say November for the 950 and the 950 XL and December for the 550.
    10-20-2015 08:33 PM
    Yup and my dying phone cant wait much longer, I kinda expected to have the release dates by now
    Keith Wallace likes this.
    10-21-2015 01:07 AM
    Microsoft need to get there act together it is closing in on Christmas fast and there is no indication when these phones are going to be available around the world.
    they most certainly did.... now an exact date wasn't given, but November seems like it's set in stone. Mozo seems to be shipping the custom backs mid november, so that may help circle in on a closer date...
    10-21-2015 02:31 AM
    Most retailers are saying between last week of November and first week of December. That's a good estimate I think.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-21-2015 03:18 AM
    No listing on there Thai website, and no pre-order available in Australia. At lest the Australian online store has the information that a new phone is on it way.
    10-21-2015 03:26 AM
    Microsoft Sweden just announced the official date for us over here a couple of hours ago. December 3rd. I guessed something was up because suddenly a lot of stores had their listings up.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    10-21-2015 07:22 AM
    Well, 8 weeks is like two months, right? That isn't that soon, i mean really, that's 60 more days. The Christmas is on 25. (i think), so that makes you 64 days more to go, i'm pretty sure they can ship them during this period.
    10-21-2015 07:55 AM
    3.12.2015 here in Finland. You can preorder it right now. Thats at lest when preorders should be delivered. No word when you can buy it straight from store.

950 599€
    950XL 699€

https://kauppa.saunalahti.fi/?&_ga=1...25#!/puhelimet
    Microsoft Lumia 950 XL (valkoinen) - Matkapuhelimet" - Gigantti
    10-21-2015 08:19 AM
    I hate this vague timeframe MS is doing. If they just said Nov 6 I can live with that. I'm okay. I'm an Android user so it's not killing me say if I was on my 920 like some. I do really anticipate those phone and excited to give WP another whirl with 10.

10-21-2015 08:59 AM
    I hate this vague timeframe MS is doing. If they just said Nov 6 I can live with that. I'm okay. I'm an Android user so it's not killing me say if I was on my 920 like some. I do really anticipate those phone and excited to give WP another whirl with 10.

I recall someone from Microsoft saying that the hardware is ready, but the OS is where the holdup is. That was said during or after the October 6 event.
    10-21-2015 09:19 AM
    I talked to AT&T and MSFT, pre-orders will start the first week of November. MSFT told me that pre-orders with contracts can be ordered from any MSFT store. Hoping that includes the XL 😅
    Citizen X likes this.
    10-21-2015 10:06 AM
    Austria 27th November
    10-21-2015 06:36 PM
    Be nice to get one discounted on UKs' Black Friday.................
    10-22-2015 10:23 AM
    This is something im not happy with.

Other applications

Game features: Touch UI, Xbox Live Hub, DirectX 11

They were working with Qualcomm to get these working with DirectX 12. Yet their website doesn't state it. Was this abandoned? Will it be available in the future? MS needs to give more info on things like this.

EDIT: here's the article that mentions they were working on it. DirectX 12 to boost gaming on Windows Phone devices, Qualcomm says
    10-22-2015 01:01 PM
    This is something im not happy with.

Other applications

Game features: Touch UI, Xbox Live Hub, DirectX 11

They were working with Qualcomm to get these working with DirectX 12. Yet their website doesn't state it. Was this abandoned? Will it be available in the future? MS needs to give more info on things like this.

EDIT: here's the article that mentions they were working on it. DirectX 12 to boost gaming on Windows Phone devices, Qualcomm says
    Given that the "Hub" hasn't been there in quite a while, I am sure that is just old copy-pasted information. Someone being lazy heh. :P
    10-22-2015 03:53 PM
    Microsoft did say November for the 950 and the 950 XL and December for the 550.
    That is the worst part in their overall presentations and business. They have made this "Coming Soon..." exclusive TM for them. They might now know that they loose all attention because of same. You come up with a new phone and say 'a date' when this will be available for order / in store....else dont worry about new customers. On the very second day, no one want to wait for something which is "Coming Soon..."!!
    10-23-2015 11:14 AM
    That is the worst part in their overall presentations and business. They have made this "Coming Soon..." exclusive TM for them. They might now know that they loose all attention because of same. You come up with a new phone and say 'a date' when this will be available for order / in store....else dont worry about new customers. On the very second day, no one want to wait for something which is "Coming Soon..."!!
    Speak for yourself :) November is a month away. My current phone is not losing capabilities overnight, so I'll be fine. ^^
    libra89 likes this.
    10-23-2015 12:20 PM
    Even BlackBerry has beaten them to it....

BlackBerry opens pre-orders for new Priv Android flagship in UK, US and Canada
    10-23-2015 12:34 PM
    Speak for yourself :) November is a month away. My current phone is not losing capabilities overnight, so I'll be fine. ^^
    Really... every time a new phone or update or anything comes up, its just few months away !! why not a date? yes, everyone knows that a month has just about 30 days, but when you see others coming with some new product, they get you a date when its going for pre-order and when its going to be in your hand !!

PS - I said that for ppl who want new phone / features when it comes out. We all know world is not ending over night with current phone in our hands
    10-25-2015 10:55 AM
    We are a impatient bunch aren't we lol... I agree, I wish we knew exactly when the 950XL will be released but not only are talking about the most advanced phone MS has ever released but a brand new OS, I'm sure they want it to be REALLY ready when it is released, being they're new flagship phone which they want to compete with the iPhone 6plus and Galaxy S6 they can't afford to release this phone prematurely giving critics and WP haters ammunition for why it can't be on the same playing field with the top phones in this class. Patience guys patience :)
    libra89 likes this.
    10-26-2015 09:11 AM
    No news is good news, it's not November yet. The pedic Ted pre-order date is first week of November. Take a Zani and telax.
    libra89 and ksj1 like this.
    10-26-2015 10:03 AM
    still sitting here twiddling my thumbs wait for news about when I can pre-order.
    10-26-2015 11:01 AM
    They said NOVEMBER weeks ago. Don't worry
    ksj1 and libra89 like this.
    10-26-2015 11:24 AM
    so, lets say we get told that the devices will be available in the first couple of weeks of november....
    knowing that for the US folks like me, Black friday is not THAT far away then... would you wait until then to get a combo deal or perhaps a better price or will you jump that gun and have it now?

I am undecided....
    10-26-2015 04:31 PM
29 12