05-05-2016 01:05 AM
80 1234
tools
    I found out that my XL won't allow me to forward calls to another number. I went to the AT&T store for help. The 950 they had would not allow calls to be forwarded either. They seem to think it will work itself out. This is in Washington state. I could not set up the Youmail either. So I figured I would foward to my Google Voice number. It will send me a text or email transcription. No go cause I can't forward. ????????? AT&T and Microsoft have no answers for me.
    12-18-2015 12:58 AM
    I run YouMail + ISeeVM on my dual SIM BLU Win HD LTE (among other phones). I actually prefer it to carrier VVM. It is portable from phone to phone, carrier to carrier, SIM to SIM and phone number to phone number.

Get it. Use it. Love it.

Relax and enjoy.
    Is it something you can put on your phone that will work alongside the AT&T voicemail while you're learning it or is it an all in app due to having to share the same messages? I have one phone (M8 Windows) that can use it since I pulled it off of Verizon and gave it to my mom on Tmobile. (no data except at home WiFi) but she has calling and texts. I guess I'll try it on there when I go over to her house.

Thanks.. MG
    12-18-2015 08:57 AM
    Is it something you can put on your phone that will work alongside the AT&T voicemail while you're learning it...
    It changes the # your calls forward to when you don't answer. Away from your carrier default to a YouMail number. So if you enable YouMail your callers will not get routed to your ATT voice mail until you disable YouMail.
    Mallguvner likes this.
    12-18-2015 10:24 AM
    I have BLU WIN HD LTE phone with dual SIM, it's running Windows 8.1 and it doesn't have
    Visual Voice mail. I checked with AT&T, but not all techs on their end understand Window phones,
    the person wanted me to go to google play to download an app to fix it. If I don't have youmail
    all there is a recording of the voice mail, like flip phones get, write down who called and their
    phone number, if you don't have it in your address book.
    I thought it was Microsoft didn't create the app for the phone, when they built it.
    12-20-2015 09:28 AM
    I found out that my XL won't allow me to forward calls to another number. I went to the AT&T store for help. The 950 they had would not allow calls to be forwarded either. They seem to think it will work itself out. This is in Washington state. I could not set up the Youmail either. So I figured I would foward to my Google Voice number. It will send me a text or email transcription. No go cause I can't forward. ????????? AT&T and Microsoft have no answers for me.
    I was able to implement youmail using their "special" forwarding string that they provide that's customized per provider with my XL.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-20-2015 04:36 PM
    What is the difference in YouMail's business version and personal version? $10 a month for business versus the $5 a month for personal takes me back to Verizon's charge. Is it just features or just using it on a business line? I'm really not jumping ship yet although AT&T's data measuring has me wondering what I stepped into.

MG
    12-21-2015 12:17 AM
    What is the difference in YouMail's business version and personal version? $10 a month for business versus the $5 a month for personal takes me back to Verizon's charge. Is it just features or just using it on a business line? I'm really not jumping ship yet although AT&T's data measuring has me wondering what I stepped into.

MG
    This page explains it all... https://store.youmail.com/store/home#youmailPremium

I'm 100% happy with the free level.
    Mallguvner and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-21-2015 04:20 PM
    This page explains it all... https://store.youmail.com/store/home#youmailPremium

I'm 100% happy with the free level.
    RumoredNow... Thanks for all of your answers. I couldn't find a download for it exactly in the MS App store but did find a companion app called ISeeVM for YouMail. Wasn't sure what or how it was tied in but reading what you gave me to look at I had a couple questions for you. If I use it on a business phone it isn't clear if I can put my own message for it on either the Free version or the Professional version. I'd like to jump in and start my journey away from the mothership of VM's provided by the carriers but I do have a perfectly good one that's working using the AT&T VM that comes with their phone. If I ever change to say TMobile it sounds like I have to get a new VM as none would be available on either an unlocked phone from MS or TMobile.

Thanks.. MG
    12-21-2015 09:36 PM
    RumoredNow... Thanks for all of your answers.
    You are welcome. What can I say, I'm a fan of YouMail... And you got it right, ISeeVM is what you use. It's the officially recognized 3rd party App for Windows phone.

Greetings. I use Smart Greeting and I love it. It greets any Contact I have by first name when they get my voicemail. There are many options including recording your own message or a list of alternates...

capture.png

capture02.png
    Mallguvner likes this.
    12-22-2015 12:47 AM
    I am using YouMail now, it works great, but hoping that MS gets VVM fixed eventually.
    jayk82 and RumoredNow like this.
    12-24-2015 11:02 PM
    Ask away, I've been known to make dumb mistakes.

Yes, I'm using an existing YouMail account I setup to use with my Palm Pre back in the day. Had to reactivate it and update my carrier to AT&T.

I really don't think uninstalling the app and the contacts would make any difference as my issue has nothing to do with the app. The problem is when I'm trying to dial the code which will setup conditional forwarding with AT&T, which is before doing anything with the app. The contacts ISeeVM adds are just for convenience so that you don't have to manually dial the long code when activating or deactivating.

However, having said all that, I'll probably delete the app and contacts and reinstall anyway. I've seen stranger things happen.

-Skippy

I've uninstalled then reinstalled the app and contacts. I'm still getting the same error message as you. You ever get it working?
    12-30-2015 04:21 PM
    I've uninstalled then reinstalled the app and contacts. I'm still getting the same error message as you. You ever get it working?
    No, I never got it to work. I did some digging into the support area on YouMail's website and found some information which leads me to believe it may be due to my using an IMEI for an unsold AT&T branded Lumia 950 at the store so that I could get LTE. I came from Sprint, so I didn't have an existing SIM that I could transfer over to my 950 XL.

Here are the steps I found that made me think this:

Please Contact AT&T!

A 60 second call will resolved the problem you are having:

Dial 611 or (800) 331-0500
    Enter 00# at every prompt
    Request that the phone's IMEI is updated or added to your account
    Then request to change your voicemail deposit number to (857) 216-6808

At this point, since LTE is more important to me than VVM, I decided to just live with regular VM until AT&T adds our 950 XL's IMEIs to their database. Hopefully then I'll be able to setup YouMail or I'll then be able to follow the steps above to get it working.

-Skippy
    12-31-2015 10:11 AM
    No, I never got it to work. I did some digging into the support area on YouMail's website and found some information which leads me to believe it may be due to my using an IMEI for an unsold AT&T branded Lumia 950 at the store so that I could get LTE. I came from Sprint, so I didn't have an existing SIM that I could transfer over to my 950 XL.

Here are the steps I found that made me think this:

Please Contact AT&T!

A 60 second call will resolved the problem you are having:

Dial 611 or (800) 331-0500

Enter 00# at every prompt

Request that the phone's IMEI is updated or added to your account

Then request to change your voicemail deposit number to (857) 216-6808

At this point, since LTE is more important to me than VVM, I decided to just live with regular VM until AT&T adds our 950 XL's IMEIs to their database. Hopefully then I'll be able to setup YouMail or I'll then be able to follow the steps above to get it working.

-Skippy

Had to add the imei from my 640 to get my LTE & hotspot to start working, now YouMail isn't working on either my 950XL or my 640. Just curious. Thanks Skippy.
    12-31-2015 10:44 AM
    Had to add the imei from my 640 to get my LTE & hotspot to start working, now YouMail isn't working on either my 950XL or my 640. Just curious. Thanks Skippy.
    Wait.....You got LTE & Hotspot now?
    And you got it by using the 640 IMEI?

I thought you had already done what everyone else had to do and still didn't get LTE & Hotspot? lol
    Well regardless, I'm just glad you got over that hump. (But it turns out you just had to do what most if us had to do)

Ok, now you just need Youmail working. But I swear there is nothing magic to it. (For everyone that has it working)
    Good luck!
    12-31-2015 03:52 PM
    Recent posts in last 24 hours above.

Couple things I am curious about:

Someone mentioned needing IMEI changes for VVM and/or LTE.

Notable, new sim even (not a transfer) from my ATT Lumia 920 to a unbranded dual sim 950 XL from MS, LTE is working fine with the normal IMEI number associated (not a alternative IMEI from old or other device). Also, IMEI number changes are not likely every going to anything for VVM. Microsoft.com page exist that notes dual sim VVM is not supported in the OS..

VVM has been confirmed my some as working already on single sim unbranded/unlocked 950 XLs on ATT. So, unless ATT secretly already has IMEI info in their systems to make VVM work for a single sim variant they currently don't sell directly (just like the dual sim), I would not count on IMEI changes making VVM start working anytime soon.
    12-31-2015 04:29 PM
    Wait.....You got LTE & Hotspot now?

And you got it by using the 640 IMEI?

I thought you had already done what everyone else had to do and still didn't get LTE & Hotspot? lol

Well regardless, I'm just glad you got over that hump. (But it turns out you just had to do what most if us had to do)

Ok, now you just need Youmail working. But I swear there is nothing magic to it. (For everyone that has it working)

Good luck!

Yeah, I've had to go through our account manager at work who had authority to talk to AT&T (business account). Was giving them the IMEI from my iPhone 6S Plus to no avail. Thought I'd try the 640 & presto, LTE & Hotspot!!

YouMail was working before all this, now I'm getting the error below anytime I try to either dial the Activate number provided or even the *61 route. Weird.
    12-31-2015 04:44 PM
    Youmail this, 950 that. None of this is necessary. Just get a single SIM unlocked 950XL. Visual Voicemail works great (AT&T USA). Source: me. I returned my $620 950 and got a single SIM XL lightly used for $575 (w/Continuum dock and case/glass protector).

VVM and everything works perfectly on AT&T.
    12-31-2015 05:47 PM
    Just by a single sim 950 XL. Bought mine from clove.co.uk. Arrived in a couple days via DHL. AT&T VVM works perfectly. But yeah, MS has been holding onto the ball in mobile for far too long... No way you should have to look overseas to get the right phone.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 12-31-2015 at 06:41 PM.
    aliencatos likes this.
    12-31-2015 06:25 PM
    Just by a single sim 950 XL. Bought mine from clove.co.uk. Arrived in a couple days via DHL. AT&T VVM works perfectly. But yeah, MS has been holding onto the ball in mobile for far too long... No way you should have to look overseas to get the right phone.
    I agree. I finally pulled the trigger on a 950XL SINGLE SIM off Amazon and the biggest hurdle for me was getting over the fact that it is an International version and sold without Warranty. Why MS doesn't just offer single SIM version along with dual SIM version in-store is beyond me.
    aliencatos likes this.
    12-31-2015 08:03 PM
    MS should change the code of Windows 10 to male It work with dual Sim... It souls'nt be hard....
    01-01-2016 10:24 AM
    Yea, I don't pretend to understand what all is involved, but it would be cool to have some method to disable a dual sim and have it behave as a single sim.
    Similar to using a jumper on a Dual Processor motherboard when you only have\desire a Single Processor computer. The same OS can run either. (Although I do believe the OS loads different code, depending)

Still, just seems it would be an obstacle easily overcome. Even if it simply required the owner to use the WDRT to load one of 2 images, depending on their choice.

Hmmm, is there a different image for the single vs dual? If so, what happens if the single sim image is loaded on a dual sim...................

Apology for wandering off topic.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-01-2016 11:15 AM
    Hmmm, is there a different image for the single vs dual? If so, what happens if the single sim image is loaded on a dual sim...................
    I would suspect the difference is in the Firmware not the OS.
    01-01-2016 11:31 AM
    I would suspect the difference is in the Firmware not the OS.
    Yes, makes sense. So, would single sim firmware load and run on dual sim phone if designed to be compatible to?
    Sort of like a software jumper. (referring to the dual socket motherboard. It only has 1 bios)
    01-01-2016 11:41 AM
    I hope someone at WPCentral can interview a Microsoft source and ask the questions about carrier provided Visual Voicemail.

There is no technological reason that non carrier branded phones (Dual or single SIM) are unable to use Visual Voicemail...

As carrier provided h/w, subsidized through 2 year plans fades, carrier features must become more available, or end up being bypassed entirely.

MS should fix this quickly. They could extend messaging and open it to carrier plugins downloadable from Store. Those plug ins could extend to Windows 10 both on phone and PC.

Lumia 950 XL (Single or Dual SIM) at $650.00 should certainly have carrier provided visual voicemail right now on ATT in USA. Other carriers as well as carriers adopt it...
    aliencatos likes this.
    01-02-2016 12:45 PM
    Recent posts in last 24 hours above.

Couple things I am curious about:

Someone mentioned needing IMEI changes for VVM and/or LTE.

Notable, new sim even (not a transfer) from my ATT Lumia 920 to a unbranded dual sim 950 XL from MS, LTE is working fine with the normal IMEI number associated (not a alternative IMEI from old or other device). Also, IMEI number changes are not likely every going to anything for VVM. Microsoft.com page exist that notes dual sim VVM is not supported in the OS..

VVM has been confirmed my some as working already on single sim unbranded/unlocked 950 XLs on ATT. So, unless ATT secretly already has IMEI info in their systems to make VVM work for a single sim variant they currently don't sell directly (just like the dual sim), I would not count on IMEI changes making VVM start working anytime soon.
    If you're referring to my post and the ones following, the discussion was not about the VVM built into the OS. The discussion was about getting YouMail to work as an alternative. It appears the issue is getting the conditional call forwarding working (required by YouMail so that it can pick up your missed calls) when an IMEI was used from another phone to resolve the LTE issue.

-Skippy
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-04-2016 02:56 AM
80 1234