Getting my phone TODAY! Need some advise!

Jaime Salas

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
OK so I am acting like a little girl waiting anxiously for my 950 XL to be delivered to my house.

So can anyone give me some advise on some things I should do to the phone when I get it and powered up? (i.e. Update phone version, tweak settings, etc...) I want to make sure it is running the best it can.

Any advise at this moment would be much appreciated.

HURRY HURRY FEDEX GUY!

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Hard-reset

This. Hard-reset before trying to do your detailed setup the first time (just click through all the defaults, skip logging into your MS account, don't bother with setting up email accounts, etc). Then, when going through the initial setup resulting from the hard-reset, do NOT restore from backup (if applicable). Do a clean-slate setup.

Make sure your SIM is inserted before powering on for the first time to avoid a order-of-operations issue with setting up the APN settings.

If later you find the phone rebooting when accessing your SD card (especially writing to it at high speed as when transferring data to the phone via USB), save yourself a week's worth of frustration trying to troubleshoot the device and arrange for a replacement.

5GHz wifi has been flakey for many folks until the .36 update (and even then there are few people reporting problems). Be prepared to use only 2.4Ghz wifi if this winds up affecting you.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. Good luck!

Jaime Salas

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the advise... I will make sure I do that stuff first... I guess before I even think about starting up my phone and doing the necessary hard rest. I need to go get a plan with AT&T so I can install the sim card first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon