12-05-2018 11:04 PM
143 ... 456
tools
    People need to stop defending WP it's a mess and not an isolated incident. I posted this one before and it was pretty much what I saw when I had a 950XL:
    You can start at 7:35 to skip the fluff:
    05-06-2016 03:20 PM
    I am not naive I did not say android or ios doesn't have bugs in them. But Microsoft has made their phone too difficult to rely on and as a person who works in IT the phone is useles if I cannot use the apps I need for work such as (Landesk, cisco, VPN clients, etc. ) Also whatever reason it is that the phone does not make it to all carriers or there is some kind of "discrimination" from sales people is not my problem all I know is when I look into my carrier to see what phones are available most likely they are not windows phones.

Fine, you have made your point. WM is not for you. Now get what works for you an move on. By the way, come back here after you get your new toy and let us know that it doesn't have any problems and you are as happy as a pig in mud. You are an IT buy; use what's best for you.
    real0395 and Ibodnano like this.
    05-06-2016 03:51 PM
    I am not naive I did not say android or ios doesn't have bugs in them. But Microsoft has made their phone too difficult to rely on and as a person who works in IT the phone is useles if I cannot use the apps I need for work such as (Landesk, cisco, VPN clients, etc. ) Also whatever reason it is that the phone does not make it to all carriers or there is some kind of "discrimination" from sales people is not my problem all I know is when I look into my carrier to see what phones are available most likely they are not windows phones.
    I agree with some of your points but why bother creating an account to just log in here and complain? Like real said, get a phone that works for you and go with it.

I have owned all 3 on 2 year contracts and WP was my favorite. I could just do more quicker with it. And when I got a 920 3 years ago I thought WP had turned a corner. Some great phones coming out and I was happy with WP OS. But when my contract expired WP had gone ridiculously backward. Hell, it was like MS was doing everything they could to lose the market. And then I also had the issue of no WP phones on Sprint, so not much choice for me.

And I can't stand iPhones anymore. Hated my iPhone 4 and it had plenty o' problems. I personally thought the OS stagnated - it was a glorified app launcher that looks like an iPod touch from 2007. But you don't see me logging into an an iPhone forum and complaining about it for the heck of it.

So now I own a Note 3 and in the next few months if I don't hear any news of the Elite 3 or a WP worth my wait I'll get a newer Android and install Launcher 8 like I have on my Note so I can at least feel like I'm using WP. But if I do get an Android again it would take a miracle for me to go back to WP. Apparently they don't want my money.
    05-06-2016 04:58 PM
    That's fine but like I said we are consumers so we shouldn't have to figure out why the phone is or is not on my carrier I really do not care what the reason is all I know it is not there and if it is there it is useless. And this technology is not new anymore so they should either make a device that works for everyone and every carrier or not at all.
    I get your point and I'm just adding on to it, but I'm ok with agreeing to disagree haha
    05-06-2016 05:13 PM
    People need to stop defending WP it's a mess and not an isolated incident. I posted this one before and it was pretty much what I saw when I had a 950XL:
    They aren't using the phone right. I bet they didn't do a hard reset on the device when they opened the box. There's a lot of things Windows fans do even subconsciously at this point to make Windows Mobile more user friendly.
    badMojo69 likes this.
    05-06-2016 06:05 PM
    This review is several builds ago...
    real0395 likes this.
    05-06-2016 11:15 PM
    I don't get the negative comments. I love my 950 XL. Have had it since March. It's solid, fast, has all the software I need and much more. It's a great personal and business tool. And having the same OS on my desktop, laptop, tablets and phone is a huge plus. Commonality, integration are essential in business.
    TK2011 likes this.
    05-08-2016 09:36 AM
    I haven't had any bugs, lapses, freezes, re-boots. My 950 XL is SOLID!!!
    akroy likes this.
    05-08-2016 09:39 AM
    You got a bad phone. And that happens to ALL phone manufacturers. I've heard stories of people who bought defective iPhones from Apple tech people. It happens. It's no big deal. Return the phone and get a new one, and at least get a chance to experience the phone the way it was meant to be.

I have a 950XL and it works just fine. None of the problems you've had.

I've also had a Note 4 and it was buggy as hell. That's why I came back to WP 10. It's been solid from the day I bought it.
    Last edited by Vociferous; 05-08-2016 at 04:18 PM.
    05-08-2016 04:02 PM
    I've also had a Note 4 and it was buggy as hell. That's why I came back to WP 10. It's been solid from the day I bought it.
    Is it possible your Note 4 was defective?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-09-2016 01:09 AM
    People need to stop defending WP...
    If I like a product and it works for all my needs, I have the right to say positive things about it. You are not the authority of what people need to do or not.
    05-09-2016 03:36 AM
    They aren't using the phone right.
    Just because you said that, I gave you a like.
    05-09-2016 11:50 PM
    Is it possible your Note 4 was defective?
    Burn
    05-22-2016 01:08 AM
    Hello every one. I have been a windows phone for three years now. My list of phones are the Lumia 520, HTC 8X, Lumia 1020 and now Lumia 640xl. I love them all and I have the apps that I feel and think I need. I am getting tired of the lack of internal storage on my phone. 8GB is quite small. I want to upgrade to Lumia 950xl or should I wait till end of 2017 to get the surface phones? Someone should pls advise.
    07-24-2016 02:49 AM
    Went from 950XL to "old" 6 Plus. Opposite experience from OP. Everything just works beautifully. MS is so far behind it's a joke. And the app gap is much worse than thought especially when you factor in the quality of apps

And now tried 2 week old Beta iOS10. Amazingly great software. It's two weeks old and blows away the 1 year old W10M beta, which relative to iOS10 is pure crapware.

No wonder Apple has defeated MS in the phone realm
    07-24-2016 05:59 AM
    Hello every one. I have been a windows phone for three years now. My list of phones are the Lumia 520, HTC 8X, Lumia 1020 and now Lumia 640xl. I love them all and I have the apps that I feel and think I need. I am getting tired of the lack of internal storage on my phone. 8GB is quite small. I want to upgrade to Lumia 950xl or should I wait till end of 2017 to get the surface phones? Someone should pls advise.
    if you don't really need a windows phone now, wait for the surface phone. i have a 950xl and i think that it is a transitionary product.
    07-24-2016 08:20 AM
    Went from 950XL to "old" 6 Plus. Opposite experience from OP. Everything just works beautifully. MS is so far behind it's a joke. And the app gap is much worse than thought especially when you factor in the quality of apps

And now tried 2 week old Beta iOS10. Amazingly great software. It's two weeks old and blows away the 1 year old W10M beta, which relative to iOS10 is pure crapware.

No wonder Apple has defeated MS in the phone realm
    i agree. i have an iPhone SE and a 950xl. i like windows mobile. it is a good system. it is stable. i seldom get app crashes or random reboots. i only don't satisfy with the build quality of 950xl. it doesn't look like a premium product. it is plastic. it's appearance is not well designed and not attractive. iPhone SE is beautiful on the other hand.
    07-24-2016 08:29 AM
    Your trip is great, it seems people are moving from iOS to Windows Phone
    12-05-2018 11:04 PM
143 ... 456