07-15-2016 01:43 PM
55 123
tools
    I write feedbacks to Microsoft too. I joined the fast ring insider program. I hope windows phone to improve. I joined the beta program of apple so I am using "preview builds" of iOS too.

the operating style of these 2 OS are different, certainly. iOS tends to have centralized settings. if you, for example, want to change the settings of calendar, you can't find the "settings" button in the calendar app. you must go to the main "settings" app itself and change settings of individual apps there. for windows phone, as you know, you can change the settings of, for example, calendar in calendar app.

it is hard to conclude which one is better.
    Excellent points and sounds like you are one of the few that understand what beta means and what the insider program is for. Keep providing the feedback! It might make a difference at some point along the development path.

And like mentioned elsewhere the auto-refresh is annoying (if that's really what it is doing, I always assumed it was having to reload the app) and I really hope they change how that works.
    07-11-2016 09:34 AM
    one more thing: for the latest iOS, the iOS 10, you can uninstall a lot of pre-installed apps such as iTunes store, mail, calendar, music, videos, maps,.. etc. I hope windows phone can have such kind of freedom in the future builds.
    I would be so excited if/when Windows Mobile can do something similar. I'm looking forward to that in iOS 10 since it will kill most of my folders.
    07-11-2016 11:00 AM
    yes. I think the "auto-refresh" feature very annoying.

iPhone is the opposite. app contents preserve even after a restart (power off and then power on).

one more thing: for the latest iOS, the iOS 10, you can uninstall a lot of pre-installed apps such as iTunes store, mail, calendar, music, videos, maps,.. etc. I hope windows phone can have such kind of freedom in the future builds.
    Android also preserves the app contents even after restart. Windows Mobile may be the only active operating system on the planet that relaunches apps every time they are switched.

To your last point, YESSSS!!!!! Same thing on the PC. I do not want to have so many of the preinstalled apps on my computer and you have to run powershell to remove them.
    07-11-2016 04:16 PM
    Android also preserves the app contents even after restart. Windows Mobile may be the only active operating system on the planet that relaunches apps every time they are switched.

To your last point, YESSSS!!!!! Same thing on the PC. I do not want to have so many of the preinstalled apps on my computer and you have to run powershell to remove them.
    Regarding the iOS apps and removing the stock ones, I read somewhere that you can't uninstall them, but you can hide them so they don't appear on the home screens.

I have a 950XL, and I love it, but I'm at the point that if someone offered to buy it, I'd probably sell it and my Continuum dock. I love Windows 10, but the apps on other platforms are just so much better. I got a BLU RD1 Android phone that I've been using today. Android is such a horrible interface, I can't find anything, and notifications confusing because they're all jumbled together. The simplicity of Windows 10 and how information is readily available on the Live Tiles just blows this thing out of the water. But I hate relying on third-party apps to control my Nest. I can't support most of the Kickstarter or Indiegogo projects that I think look cool because they require an Android or iPhone app to set up. None of the stores I shop at have a Windows app, but if I use the iPhone or Android apps, I can pay with my phone and get coupons. Amazon Prime Video? Not on my Windows phone. Periscope? Nope. Pinterest? Shall I create a board of unavailable apps? My wife just switched from a Lumia 830 Windows phone to a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active because of battery life and Pinterest. With the 830, she'd have to charge the phone before she left work. Now, with the S7 Active, when she goes to bed, it's only at 60%. My Lumia 950XL won't make it through a day without a charge, although admittedly, I have a lot of apps running in the background.

My frustration is mounting, especially when, being an enthusiast, I pre-ordered and paid full price, but keep seeing the price drop in other countries or seeing these buy-one, get-one specials. I was looking at my collection of Microsoft devices because I'm putting the others up for sale. Original black Zune, red 120GB Zune, Samsung Focus, HTC Titan (I), Lumia 920, and my old favorite, the Lumia 1020 with wireless charging cover and camera grip. That camera was just incredible. It feels like I'm breaking up with an long-time girlfriend; I love her and don't want to hurt her, but sometimes there's only so much you can put up with before it's time to cut the chains and move on. I sure wish Project Astoria hadn't been dropped.
    Last edited by jjMustang; 07-14-2016 at 04:35 PM. Reason: clarification on a sentence
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-14-2016 04:33 PM
    Regarding the iOS apps and removing the stock ones, I read somewhere that you can't uninstall them, but you can hide them so they don't appear on the home screens.

I have a 950XL, and I love it, but I'm at the point that if someone offered to buy it, I'd probably sell it and my Continuum dock. I love Windows 10, but the apps on other platforms are just so much better. I got a BLU RD1 Android phone that I've been using today. Android is such a horrible interface, I can't find anything, and notifications confusing because they're all jumbled together. The simplicity of Windows 10 and how information is readily available on the Live Tiles just blows this thing out of the water. But I hate relying on third-party apps to control my Nest. I can't support most of the Kickstarter or Indiegogo projects that I think look cool because they require an Android or iPhone app to set up. None of the stores I shop at have a Windows app, but if I use the iPhone or Android apps, I can pay with my phone and get coupons. Amazon Prime Video? Not on my Windows phone. Periscope? Nope. Pinterest? Shall I create a board of unavailable apps? My wife just switched from a Lumia 830 Windows phone to a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active because of battery life and Pinterest. With the 830, she'd have to charge the phone before she left work. Now, with the S7 Active, when she goes to bed, it's only at 60%. My Lumia 950XL won't make it through a day without a charge, although admittedly, I have a lot of apps running in the background.

My frustration is mounting, especially when, being an enthusiast, I pre-ordered and paid full price, but keep seeing the price drop in other countries or seeing these buy-one, get-one specials. I was looking at my collection of Microsoft devices because I'm putting the others up for sale. Original black Zune, red 120GB Zune, Samsung Focus, HTC Titan (I), Lumia 920, and my old favorite, the Lumia 1020 with wireless charging cover and camera grip. That camera was just incredible. It feels like I'm breaking up with an long-time girlfriend; I love her and don't want to hurt her, but sometimes there's only so much you can put up with before it's time to cut the chains and move on. I sure wish Project Astoria hadn't been dropped.
    I have the same feelings
    RobertP1 likes this.
    07-15-2016 01:43 PM
55 123