My 950 XL screen goes blank all of a sudden :( PLease help

chinni subhash

May 13, 2015
Visit site
My 950 XL screen goes blank all of a sudden and it will not be responsive untill I restart or soft rest. I was on RP ring. reset my phone completely, now on production or non insider but still have the smae problem. Any solutions?

MAK11

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Once again....this is a battery issue as I reported here more than 2 months ago (screen goes blank and you have to reboot, or screen goes blank at phone restarts by itself etc..same cause). You will have to get your battery replaced by a brand new one.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Once again....this is a battery issue as I reported here more than 2 months ago (screen goes blank and you have to reboot, or screen goes blank at phone restarts by itself etc..same cause). You will have to get your battery replaced by a brand new one.

I'm curious, why would a battery issue cause this? Any insight here?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just a thought: did you clean the front surface of the phone well? If it's super dirty, the proximity sensor may think that you're holding it by your face, and turn off the display automatically.

markeboyle

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had this same problem. Turned out to be my battery. I have 3 batteries now that I purchased on eBay and 2 out of the 3 are perfect but that 3rd one works but does go blank and reboot without notice at anytime its in my pocket or being handled. Try new battery for $15-$20 on ebay direct from China (I've had good luck with them).

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
why not visit the authorized service center in your area, let them take a look and give you a final reason on what is wrong. Is it battery or display. If you are under warranty you might get a free fix ;D

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just a thought: did you clean the front surface of the phone well? If it's super dirty, the proximity sensor may think that you're holding it by your face, and turn off the display automatically.

Only during calls. The proximity sensor doesn't turn the display off during normal use.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I too had something similar when my battery got swollen. The phone was turning off the screen, powering down, rebooting. I didn't realize it till it got so frequent i decided to check if maybe my SD card was bad. The battery had swollen and was pretty much almost popping out of the contacts and barely touching. This is equivalent to what was happening with the samsung batteries except the tight unibody design was causing too much pressure and well you know the story. Luckily the 950xl design lets the battery grow without pressure. Granted it shouldn't happen to begin with.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue from time to time..so I guess I will send it for warranty repair, but I cannot even imagine, how will I explain the issue to very intelligent and "up to date with issues" personnel..

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Everyone should note that theres a software issue in the last few builds where if you turn on the screen, the screen remains black for 4-5 seconds, then turns on with low brightness. If you have this, no need to waste your time with a hardware repair, should be fixed in a future release.

If the screen stops working suddenly, might be hardware.

chinni subhash

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I fixed my issue. I did a full reset using wdrt and opted release preview ring. I updated the configuration update after that and my phone hasnt rebooted since 2 days now. Awesome. From the beginning I had problems with official build and not release preview build. Insane

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas