Moving SMS from Lumia 925 to Lumia 950

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've used Transfer My Data to move contacts from my Lumia 925 to my Lumia 950. I got my emails from the exchange server. Music and pictures, I can get from One Drive. But I can't figure out how to move my SMS texts. I had a back-up of my Lumia 925 on One Drive, but nothing jumps out about moving texts. Any ideas?

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Did you have your 925 set up to back up texts to OneDrive? If so, go to settings in the messaging app on your 950 and select "Sync messages between devices." It will take a while, but it will eventually pull down your texts from OneDrive.

If you didn't backup your texts from your 925, go back and enable that setting and hopefully they will get pushed up to OneDrive and then pulled down to your 950.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
have you looked at the contacts+sms backup app by MS? I know it works with an sd card - not sure if you can save the file local or not. I just used it tonight to move phones, and it worked great. It moved contacts, sms, and mms over. Backup on the first phone, then restore on the second.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Did you have your 925 set up to back up texts to OneDrive? If so, go to settings in the messaging app on your 950 and select "Sync messages between devices." It will take a while, but it will eventually pull down your texts from OneDrive.
OK, I've got this set, we'll see if it happens. Thanks!

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
have you looked at the contacts+sms backup app by MS? I know it works with an sd card - not sure if you can save the file local or not. I just used it tonight to move phones, and it worked great. It moved contacts, sms, and mms over. Backup on the first phone, then restore on the second.
I saw that someone had used this. I've tried setting up a backup location on the phone, since the 925 doesn't have an SD card. It sat for ever, searching for things to back up. It never moved beyond this.

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
MS meeds to have the Contacts +Message Backup app updated so that the user can offload to OneDrive as an option. They SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT of THIS, when they, themselves, produce/support phones that don't have SD card slots. But I digress..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes