Dropped my phone

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Dropped my phone twice yesterday. The first was about a 3.5ft fall out of my hand and onto a ceramic tile floor. It hit the floor on a corner, and not flat. Result: Phone was fine, no damage. No marks. My heart dropped with my phone, though, because I lost an iPhone to a ceramic tile floor in 2012, lol. I was relieved that the L950 did not fall face flat.

Second time I had my headphones plugged into it, and it was sitting on my desk on my wireless charging stand. I got up to go, and naturally, the phone came with me. Again, it wasn't a face-flat fall, but a wild spinning crash and tumble... and once again, the phone was fine with no damage, and surprisingly, no marks.

No screen protector, no case, just bare phone. So far, so good!

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
For every tumble, I always feel a phone is less able to take future tumbles.

Well, I dropped my iPhone5 half a hundred times, and one of those times included a 40mph motorcycle accident in which the phone flew out of my breast pocket and skittered across the highway. Never had a single problem with it, functionally, except for miserable battery life which had always been a problem. No scratches on the screen, either. The sides and back of the body were pretty dinged and gouged, though. I also had a number of iPhones before that going back to the very first, all of which were dropped numerous times to no ill effect, and I almost never used cases.

I had a 4S that I dropped from my breast pocket once, as I was bending over to get a soda out of a machine. It landed face flat on ceramic tile and shattered into a million pieces, all from about a 2-3 foot drop.

So it's always been my experience that it's all or nothing, lol. It's either DOA or you're all good.

Mark Baker3

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, I dropped my iPhone5 half a hundred times, and one of those times included a 40mph motorcycle accident in which the phone flew out of my breast pocket and skittered across the highway. Never had a single problem with it, functionally, except for miserable battery life which had always been a problem. No scratches on the screen, either. The sides and back of the body were pretty dinged and gouged, though. I also had a number of iPhones before that going back to the very first, all of which were dropped numerous times to no ill effect, and I almost never used cases.

I had a 4S that I dropped from my breast pocket once, as I was bending over to get a soda out of a machine. It landed face flat on ceramic tile and shattered into a million pieces, all from about a 2-3 foot drop.

So it's always been my experience that it's all or nothing, lol. It's either DOA or you're all good.

40mph! You weren't even trying! 😁

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo