Why *haven't* you bought a Lumia 950?

js14873

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
My employer provides my phone, for up to $200 on-contract price (I pay anything over $200), and my upgrade is due in February.

Unfortunately, my employer is on Verizon, and right now the best WP they offer is the two year old HTC One M8. So I'll be crossing my fingers that a decent WP offering pops up on Verizon by February, or I'll go out on my own and find an Icon or something and wait to use my upgrade until something does come out.

Though, knowing Verizon, if they're not offering the 950 they probably won't offer the Surface phone either.

shanneykar

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Damn where is my comment - i worte a big para.. Not sure anyways. I still want to make my point no buy until option for user to hide or avoid the tile only + all apps screen and choose a versatile windows desktop os like home screen where you can fill in with icons, interactive tiles, widgets etc and a task bar. I hate the limited WP homescreen

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I would if Verizon had carried it!!! But now I'm using an iPhone 6S+. liking it but really hope there's a new Windows Phone on Verizon this year!

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Damn where is my comment - i worte a big para.. Not sure anyways. I still want to make my point no buy until option for user to hide or avoid the tile only + all apps screen and choose a versatile windows desktop os like home screen where you can fill in with icons, interactive tiles, widgets etc and a task bar. I hate the limited WP homescreen
Gee, you be like in need of an Android phone dude!

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I replaced my busted 920 with a cheap 640 and upgraded it to Win 10 and after putting in a 64gb SD card I've been perfectly satisfied with it for my day to day needs and I just don't feel a need right now to run out and buy a new phone for $700+

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Because a phone with no apps and a buggy, half baked OS isn't worth $700+ when you can get a 640 for $50 and use the $650 to buy another phone to have apps.

CharlieBrown81

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
1) No WiFi calling on T-Mobile (critical feature for me; my office is in an all carriers cellular dead zone); phone is useless at work without it.

2) Costco made me an offer I couldn't refuse: Samsung Galaxy S6 for $20/mo for 24 months, plus $125 Costco GC, 2 free chargers, free case, 1 free Qi Charger, and 1 free Samsung Galaxy Tab A.

Love Windows Mobile but had to (temporarily) hop on Android because of the two reasons above. I hope by next Christmas the Surface Phone meets or exceeds the experience of the 950XL; if it does, wifey gets the S6 and I'll get the Surface Phone! I miss Cortana badly, no joke.

Jeddic

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Because a phone with no apps and a buggy, half baked OS isn't worth $700+ when you can get a 640 for $50 and use the $650 to buy another phone to have apps.

Where are you getting the 700+ number from? I bought my 950 for less than 600 dollars, and any competing phones at that price range would sacrifice something. That's assuming that I would be willing to use Android, and I am not.

I entered the contest even though I planned on buying a 950. I entered because I'd love to have a free phone, simple as that.

iainberryman

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a L1520 with Windows 10... Why would I want a 950/XL? Continuum? No, it's great but I would never use it. AMOLED? No, IPS LCD is better IMO. There is no reason to move from a 1520 to that, the build quality is below par, the over design is just an insult and watching some videos on YouTube shows that in most cases the 1520 is the same speed and in a few cases actually quicker (when starting up, opening apps, camera etc.) than the 950XL. On another personal note, I prefer the bigger phone that the 1520 is, I know most people don't like the massive size but I do so dropping .3 of an inch and having to pay for it is just a no no. The 1520 is no slower, has a bigger and better screen and is far more nicer looking.

KylePrince3

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
You'd have to buy the 950XL off contract anyways, so you can still have a contract. You just buy one and switch your SIM card; you don't need an upgrade available.

coradux

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to buy a Lumia 950XL but in the mean time I needed to buy an iPhone 6s for some apps. Call quality, display and camera of iPhone 6s can't match even the Lumia 930 I already own. So I will wait for Surface Phone.

Generalheed

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
My employer provides my phone, for up to $200 on-contract price (I pay anything over $200), and my upgrade is due in February.

Unfortunately, my employer is on Verizon, and right now the best WP they offer is the two year old HTC One M8. So I'll be crossing my fingers that a decent WP offering pops up on Verizon by February, or I'll go out on my own and find an Icon or something and wait to use my upgrade until something does come out.

Though, knowing Verizon, if they're not offering the 950 they probably won't offer the Surface phone either.

I'm also on a company Verizon business plan so I'm pretty much locked in to Verizon and can't switch to AT&T. I currently have a Lumia Icon but I've been off contract for a year now, still waiting for something to upgrade to.

Francisco_dAn

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Cost for me. The ROI is rather steep when compared to a 640 or a 640XL. Yeah, I know 950's have more "umph" but if it were just about umph, why not buy a secondhand 1520 with some REAL umph?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon