Power button needs to be pressed multiple times to turn on 950's display

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Try cleaning your Proximity sensor (on L950 upper-right between the speaker and right edge) or if it is covered with some kind of protection, take it off.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I have been encountering this more and more recently. I was talking to my dad earlier today and the screen struggled to turn on so I could hang up. I had to hit the power button many times.

cabbonizio

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
People......disable automatic brightness in your settings. This has worked for me and others. My experience has gone from unbearable to more predictable now this problem is no longer occuring. We all need to be letting Microsoft know about this. Terrible bug!

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
People......disable automatic brightness in your settings. This has worked for me and others. My experience has gone from unbearable to more predictable now this problem is no longer occuring. We all need to be letting Microsoft know about this. Terrible bug!

yes I had the same problem on my GF's phone, disabled automatic brightness and the problem is GONE and working perfectly afterwards!

Bipin Banerjee

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
I've tried disabling Windows hello, glance screen, detailed app, and different combinations of those under lock screen settings. This is frustrating as I've hard reset my phone using WDRT a couple times already in the past two months. My wife's 950 has the same issue and hers was hard reset a month ago. Both of us reported the issue in Feedback Hub but it's going to require each of us to not only upvote, but give your own information as well. Not in a new post, but in the same Feedback thread so the post count goes up. I see so many people trying to create new feedback for the same thing. Upvote it and if you have a better way of explaining it, post it as details.

Hi Jackie,

I faced the same situation. I feel that battery saver is causing this issue. Once, the battery goes below 20% phone goes into battery saver mode as per default settings. And this reduces the screen brightness, performance and causes response delays to conserve battery.

Solution for this is that you charge your phone until its above 50%, restart your phone and then you have to disable the battery saver. I did these, and it's perfectly normal again.

Once the phone enters battery saver mode, it stays on it even after a full charge until the phone is restarted. And the more you get into battery saver mode the frequent you experience it.

So, make sure battery saver mode is off forever and whenever it goes into battery saver mode don't forget to restart your phone and disable battery saver mode.

I hope this works for you!

Regards,
Bipin

Mihails Akulenkovs

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Greetings! I've been led to this thread by Web search because my phone's been acting like this for some time. I've been using double-tap to unlock and double-tap option to lock the phone because, as everybody on this thread, the phone was random as hell to react to power button - won't unlock unless pressed ~10 times. Locking it was also tricky - press power button and it would lock and then unlock instantly. Do it a couple of times - then in locks properly. But won't unlock later etc. Nightmare. It got me to the point where I thought - WTH, maybe it needs power button replaced... but then I got to this thread. I was going to try all the solutions offered here:
1. Disable automatic brightness correction - didn't apply to me, as it was already disabled;
2. Turn off Glance screen - that was one of the first things I did when I started using the device, so again - nothing to try.
3. Charge the phone and disable the battery saving feature, then reboot the phone.

Well, I tried No.3, however it did absolutely nothing. As glitchy as it was before, and myself as hopeless. But then I started thinking out of the box - let the 950 work as Microsoft is expecting it to. And I actually turned back on the Glance screen. It might be too soon to judge, but the problem disappeared at the same moment I did that! What I will do next - re-enable battery saving and see how it goes with a couple of full charge cycles.

Man, only in comparison I understood how bullet proof, smooth and polished my 730 was...

Madam Mimi

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
FWIW, mine started doing this all the time over a period of two weeks recently and then one morning the screen stayed black (or kinda purplish on wake up) two weeks after my warranty was up. The screen responds to touch commands but has shorted out (according to support), which was common in some of the 950s. I had to get a new phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi