Glance screen on while charging setting missing, what this setting moved or removed?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Glance screen on while charging setting missing

I'm on the slow ring, build 14342.1004. I received a replacement 950 from ATT as my old when had problems with the camera. I've registered with the slow ring as I was before but now the setting for "always show glance screen while charging" is missing. I know it was there on my other phone as I use it as a clock at night.

Anyone know if this setting was moved or removed?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Glance screen on while charging setting missing

I'm on the slow ring, build 14342.1004. I received a replacement 950 from ATT as my old when had problems with the camera. I've registered with the slow ring as I was before but now the setting for "always show glance screen while charging" is missing. I know it was there on my other phone as I use it as a clock at night.

Anyone know if this setting was moved or removed?

glance screen - I think there are two places with these settings - not sure where but you'll have to do some digging
And use wdrt to check for firmware updates

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
As far as I can tell, it has been removed.
I cant find it either.

They need to put it under the Glance Screen Settings.
I thought that is where it was prior to build 14356.1000

Installing 14361 right now.
We will see if it comes back

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I cant find it either.

check under personalisation settings
And 14361? Is that build out?

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
No it is not back yet.

Can't turn off glance when charging other than...

To turn the phone over,
This will turn the glance screen off
When you pick it up again, the Glance screen will turn on.

Chris_Barton

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
I cant find it either.

It's back as standard setting whilst on charge on 14361 - there's no option to select it now, it's just default.

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
It's back as standard setting whilst on charge on 14361 - there's no option to select it now, it's just default.
Yes, its now under personalisation and that's where it will be from now on. Also MS are supposed to have indicated that glance screen will always be on whilst charging with no means for us to turn it off. Personally, I would like to have option to do this and also to make the background photo in black and white.

Sent from mTalk

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

It's been removed, and "Always on while charging" has been set to default due to major amount of feedback that came from the change about it.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

It was optional before now it is forced. Why does MS keep doing this? They make a great option then remove it. Just like placeholders in OneDrive. :(

FLJeepGuy

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
This is really a pain in the rear. I use a wireless charging pad at night and now that the Glance options have changed to be always on while charging, the phone lights up my room even with the night hours set to use a darker color. Since the phone won't wirelessly charge if lying on it's face, my only real options are get a wired charger so I can lay the phone down on it's face, or not charge my phone at night.

I'm with GizmoEV that MS needs to quit removing useful features.

Don't they have enough bugs to work on? Put the devs on bug fixing rather than removing features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon