Lumia 950 gets HOT

biltaji

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Well I have the same issue with my phone. It heats up and becomes annoying to use. Mainly when I use social media apps. It heats up after 5 minutes. I have to hold it from the sides to not feel the heat! I live in Jordan and I bought a 950 when it first came out.
I also had a ICON and a 930 which was a fabulous phone but that one heats up like an oven! I think it's a Microsoft issue. All their phones heat up! I have now the latest fast ring update. It doesn't heat up that much because I don't over use the phone. The screen becomes very hot from the top when you touch it you can feel how hot it gets!
I don't know if this issue will ever be solved my Microsoft but they should work on it! Everyone is complaining from the heat! I love the phone!!!

BrianUnd

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
My 950 started having problems with wireless charging. This morning I noticed it wasn't sitting flat on the charging stand. So I opened it up and discovered that the battery was bulging. I contacted B2x support and they provided a label to return the phone via FedEx. They'll check it out and either replace the battery or the entire phone under warranty. If your battery is overheating, it might be bulging, too, so you might want to take advantage of the warranty. I certainly wouldn't keep using it with an overheating battery!

grzesiek1035

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
hi. I have also problem with hot 950 and battery drain. I'm update software to last version and application, but when I charging phone it getting really hot and when i using specially Browster Edge. Phone its almost new, only 3 weeks old from microsoftstore and now I thinking about return thats item. some solution? mayby next soft will be better? some reccomendation? solution?

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I just got a 950 a few days ago and had battery heating issues with charging also. I know it's normal to get a little warm but mine was getting hot.

I'm on the latest release that just came out to preview and the phone seems fine now after a hard reset. The battery life is a little better but not what it should be for just doing basic tasks.

Oh well. This is a powerful phone though so I can see why it will not get the battery life of say a Nokia Lumia 635.

Nanda04

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
So I just got a 950 off eBay. The guy said it was new but I don't think so. The condition is like new but the factory wrap, screen cover, and charger bands were all missing. Anyway, the phone works and I love it, but it gets REALLY hot. Hot to the point when I use it and touch the screen, my finger tips get hot as well. Also I noticed hardcore battery drain. Is this normal or just my unit? This is an AT&T branded one too by the way

I too bought a Lumia 950 from eBay for lesser price and it was mentioned like new phone only box opened and once I got the phone it was actually new looking and beautiful phone once I started to use it it was really getting hot so I returned it to service centre as I don't want to return it and got it back after 15 days and issue was solved bit and again felt the screen heat and back side only when browsing and gaming so I returned for service again .
Read it in few articles about the heat issue there are lot of reasons because of background app , bright screen , no proper signal , and processor above 610 get hot . Getting hot is normal some times .

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I have mine charging up now and it is a little warm. Ever since I updated the phone and did a hard reset the phone is not getting red hot anymore. It is slightly warm at the back as I type this

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I've come from a 930 to a 950 and the 950 does get a little warm but nothing like the issues that I had with the 930.

Infinidim :cool:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I just updated to 14955 and the heating issue do far seems way better. I had the 0 update issue and then the other issue but then yesterday afternoon it went through to 14955 without issues.

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I did side by side test playing Minecraft PE on 950XL and 640XL. Both easily handle the graphics.

However the 950XL screen gets really hot, and the 640XL had no temperature change. The 950XL uses the SD810 which overheats, bad hardware. 950XL is not a flagship. 640XL is much better device and the real flagship

Playing games, the screen on my 950 can get exceptionally hot. I've had it for 6 months, and only really noticed it the last couple weeks. :(

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Playing games, the screen on my 950 can get exceptionally hot. I've had it for 6 months, and only really noticed it the last couple weeks. :(

im so sorry about that but thats the lumia 950.... a overheats phone... i miss him just a Little, my new 640 XL its the real winner :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon