Lumia 950

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
What you said at the end makes no sense. Also, go ahead, as what phone OS Androids users are and most will not even know they are using Android.

Wouldn’t that be true of all OS’s though?
There are a percentage of people who do not come to websites like this and learn the intricacies of WM or Android. People use what works best for them or what they are comfortable using. Marketing has a lot to do with it but so does the experience.

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Wouldn’t that be true of all OS’s though?
There are a percentage of people who do not come to websites like this and learn the intricacies of WM or Android. People use what works best for them or what they are comfortable using. Marketing has a lot to do with it but so does the experience.

Well, it does not matter anymore anyways. Off goes my second 950 refurb back for a refund. The first one worked great for 2 weeks, bluetooth and all but, then it started having major issues. Got it replaced and now this one, one week in, is having the same bluetooth issues I had before on one I owned last year.

Oh well, guess I will have to get my Windows 10 Mobile fix on my Alcatel Idol 4s, after all.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, it does not matter anymore anyways. Off goes my second 950 refurb back for a refund. The first one worked great for 2 weeks, bluetooth and all but, then it started having major issues. Got it replaced and now this one, one week in, is having the same bluetooth issues I had before on one I owned last year.

Oh well, guess I will have to get my Windows 10 Mobile fix on my Alcatel Idol 4s, after all.

I had both of those phones. The 950 was my favorite but I sold it for the 4S which I still have but never liked as much.
I feel your pain.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but I think you went a little overboard with your Android rant. I own both Android and Windows phones (multiples) using both for several years now. As with anything none are perfect yet Droid isn't as bad as you make it out to be nor is Windows Phone the perfected platform as you so proclaim... Maybe the later is to you but rest assured it won't be for MANY, not in its present state.

Ads - Don't recall seeing such on either platform in the past three years, unless were talking within apps which is a simple fix for both, purchase them (if necessary).

Poor release of updates/firmware - Agree to a point. Although some of my Droids are outdated they still function today as they did the day we purchased them, and still run apps that my new Droids do as well. On Windows Phone updates are a pain and from my experience, they rarely fix those ailments we encounter regularly.

Rubbish memory management - Not gonna lie and say it is the best yet when I got like 10X more stuff going on my Droids than w/Windows Phone can't say we've had any issues at all.

Battery draining - My latest Droid can go 3-4 days (14-16 hrs ea) w/o out a recharge, can't say any of my Windows Phones even came close to that.

Camera focusing issues - Not sure what hat you pulled this out from because going by my experience either platform has been decent for the most part with only a few exceptions.

I think youve all mis-interpreted what I said... My comments about Android were kind of tougue in cheek and yes.. I was having a LITTLE dig at it from my Samsung days, but hey, I was having a bit fun... heck, I own an XZ Premium.

It is a bit of a shame that he/she is having these really bad issues with the 950 .. but they are still trade-able at the moment :)

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I think youve all mis-interpreted what I said... My comments about Android were kind of tougue in cheek and yes.. I was having a LITTLE dig at it from my Samsung days, but hey, I was having a bit fun... heck, I own an XZ Premium.

It is a bit of a shame that he/she is having these really bad issues with the 950 .. but they are still trade-able at the moment :)

OK fair enough, everyone needs a little bit of fun (or a laugh) every once in a while. :smile:

Yeah is a shame about their 950. Just fired mine up again yesterday after a period of non-use. Personally, the device itself feels/looks good, and that start screen is a welcoming site. After that though it begins to fall apart in that it doesn't have the fluidity or speed compared to any of my Droids, yup for the most part works yet has one feeling like they went back in time. Put the blame solely on the OS for this with the sad reality being, as it sits now it is never going to get any better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac