Change emergency alert settings- Turn off ‘Presidential Alerts’

chiques

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I don’t care what the current POTUS has to say. I want to turn this alert off but it’s grayed out. How do I make this slide active?

Presidential_Alert_Setting.jpg

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
You know, the derangement has to have its limits. These are meant for terror attacks and attacks that will affect your safety. They are also sent from FEMA, Trump isn’t texting you. The WARN Act of 2006 (guess who wasn’t president) allows you to turn off Amber and weather alerts, but not presidential alerts. If all goes well, we will never see a message from FEMA using the presidential alert system.

chiques

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey Alex,
Statistically my safety is mostly affected on how much I pay attention driving and keeping my mind and body healthy. This sounds like a dictator/brainwash/scare tactic move to me.

If Mr. Tweeter isn't texting me directly then they should call it "FEMA Alert".

:eck:And do I really want to know if the nukes are on their way??? Is this so I can duck and cover (<--- sarcasm)?

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey Alex,
Statistically my safety is mostly affected on how much I pay attention driving and keeping my mind and body healthy. This sounds like a dictator/brainwash/scare tactic move to me.

If Mr. Tweeter isn't texting me directly then they should call it "FEMA Alert".

:eck:And do I really want to know if the nukes are on their way??? Is this so I can duck and cover (<--- sarcasm)?

Because nuclear war is the only disaster out there. The WARN Act was passed in 2006, the WEA system was passed in 2016 by Obama. Are you telling me you believed both Bush and Obama were dictators trying to brainwash you? Cmon man. The alerts come from FEMA, but you’re acting as though Trump is texting you campaign slogans. But then when FEMA “doesn’t do enough,” we have to hear people bash them for years.

Regardless, it can’t be disabled.

chiques

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
"Because nuclear war is the only disaster out there."
Uhm, OK, just have to ignore stuff like hurricanes, Typoons, Tsunamis, pollution, and war...then I guess you're right.

You keep mentioning presidents directly, if you read the first thread I said POTUS. Doesn't matter who is in office, I want the the choice (FREEDOM) whether or not hear their politics.

So no option to turn it off. OK thanks.:unhappy:

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
"Because nuclear war is the only disaster out there."
Uhm, OK, just have to ignore stuff like hurricanes, Typoons, Tsunamis, pollution, and war...then I guess you're right.

You keep mentioning presidents directly, if you read the first thread I said POTUS. Doesn't matter who is in office, I want the the choice (FREEDOM) whether or not hear their politics.

So no option to turn it off. OK thanks.:unhappy:

Then don’t use cellular networks that are either governed, regulated, or subsidized by the government, or included in the WEA program. You also have the option of using non-WEA phones. There you go, choices.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Guys, relax. It has nothing to do with Trump or anyone else at 1600 Pennsylvania. It's a mandate from the FCC and all US carriers, radio and television stations are required to comply. The airwaves belong to the federal government and it's their house, their rules.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes