Are you not peeved MSFT is considering running an Android skin or at least allowing Android apps?

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
WP8 is good. I really mean it. It lacks some basic functionalities, that's all. But I do not think they just jump on the Android bandwagon.

Already, Android, iOS, BBOS10, SailfishOS etc are all like the same. WP8 stands out different proudly. Why change that?

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I sincerely hope its just a false rumor that tech blogs have decided to run with. Running android apps on WP will essentially kill the platform. Why would a dev bother making a native app for WP styled to its UI and unique features, and tested for stability on the WP platform, when they can just make one android app and call it a day? The result ends up being poorer quality, buggy apps with little support for WP.

From the consumer viewpoint, why bother buying a WP to run android apps at diminished performance and buggy quality, when you can just buy an Android phone built to run those apps faster and more stable?

Its a stupid idea all around, and doomed to fail if its indeed true. It certainly didn't help BB, it won't help Jolla Sailfish, or any other platform for that matter.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
There has been so much talk of android here lately. I'll be glad when it blows over and nothing has come of it. Microsoft's secret to its success thus far is that it maintains a large network of professional developers. They have been with Microsoft all this time, and continued to support windows phone. This would be the step too far that alienates these developers and marks the beginning of the end of Windows Phone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I see nothing wrong with this. A few years ago Bootcamp made it possible to run Windows on an Intel Mac and nobody ran to US Bankruptcy Court. To me it's a win-win for WP, the existing customers get to have the apps they've been asking for and old Android users get to see what their apps look like on a real UI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon