Anyone here full Microsoft?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have the dell venue 8 pro, Nokia Lumina 928, I had a 360 but I traded it in looking forward to getting a Xbox one around August - September. I prefer Microsoft services and like how they work together and hopefully they get better.

Looking forward to see if they get the app situation going as far as using the same apps on tablet, phone and Xbox one. Hopefully they get that achieved sooner than later

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
If you give the music quality of the iPod a rating of 5 out of 5; how much will you give the Windows phones? :)

Sorry haven't sat down or used one yet for commute. Have used an... Android Phone for 4 days now. :)

Huawei Ascend Y511, only sounds good when using a FiiO E6. On its own, its SUCKS. ;)

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much full MS... I was on Android until last year and totally converted from Google to Onedrive. I still use my Gmail but that's about it. My wife is on Android MotoX, my son is all about IoS. I think my wife after seeing my 928 for awhile will convert soon... my son is going to be a challenge... but we all use 8.1 on our desktops...

Only thing is MS needs Cortana on the Desktop and Ondrive needs Auto-awesome.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Dynamics CRM and ERP.

I'm curious; which ERP? I work in support for Dynamics GP.

I'd allow an Apple desktop (or 5), if my marketing/graphics dept asked me, but they haven't asked. Gotta respect Apple!
No Open source, OpenSSL or Linux used by the company (that I know of)
All PC's are locked down with group policy, and Java is only allowed/needed on 2 PC's.
No Realplayer, iTunes, Flash, Chrome, Firefox, or toolbars needed.
Google redirects to Bing as part of group policy (and DNS poisioning) , you cannot get around it. (even on WIFI) Cellular jammers block BYOD devices and phones from anything but our WIFI. (Yes, its legal here)

I'm also curious as to the reasoning behind some of this. Is it just to stay all Microsoft? Is it to keep everything the same? Is it for security? Not all Microsoft products are the most secure, so I'm interested in why your company has some of these policies. I don't believe I've ever heard of anything quite this strict. We work mostly with small businesses though; maybe that's why.

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a windows laptop, a surface, and a windows phone. However I'm swapping my 928 and going back to ios, but I'm getting an Xbox one. Plus I'm still committed to OneDrive and Bing.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Almost all MS, can't get my secretary away from Apple. I use a Icon, 1520, Surface Pro 2, Surface 2 Cellular, Lenovo Laptop, HP laptop. Wish I could teach a old dog new tricks but she just won't hear of it.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Satisfyingly so: Two Win 7 desktops (Fujitsu, HP) and a Win 7 Toshiba Porteg?; Surface RT and Pro; Samsung Focus WP7 phone (on my 4th); 3 Zune players (HD32, HD64, and an 80); and, most gratifyingly, an original Zune/Xbox Music pass streaming and downloading on 6 of these devices. Also, looking for a great deal on a new or like-new black Lumia 1020.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have used Windows Mobile (HTC Titan, HTC Vogue, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, Samsung Omnia, Samsung Omnia 2) and Windows Phone (HTC 8x, Nokia 928, Samsung Ativ Odyssey) phones, for years.
Within my family, we have an Alienware m11x laptop (Windows 8.1), HP TM2000 laptop (Windows 8.1), Microsoft Surface Pro (Windows 8.1), Microsoft Surface RT (Windows RT 8.1), Dell Venue 8 Pro (Windows 8.1), Toshiba Encore (Windows 8.1), and 3 other Windows 7 computers.

I'm not a ******, but I like Windows stuff.
I really like Windows Phone, because it shows me information that I want to see (without opening apps).
That's the way I like to design websites (don't make users change pages, just to see one line of content).
I like Windows 8 (even on my non-touch laptop), although I don't think there's much reason to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 (unless you have a touchscreen).
Like most people, I like to advertise (not push, but let people know about) the platform.
I know it's not for everyone, but it does do what most people need.

Unfortunately, we're still in a world where most people think you have an iPhone (no matter what it is).
The masses need to be aware of other options.
JJ

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
oh boy I am now even more full bore MS
3 Xbox Ones, 2 Xbox 360s, Nokia 1520 and Nokia 635 for a back up, a surface pro 3, a desktop win 8.1, and MS band...yup I am the fan boy.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Everything but my iPod shuffle at this point, even all my cloud based stuff. If you would have told me I would be all MS when I was suffering under Vista, I would have not believed it. Now, to get a micro sized music player to replace my iPod so I can be done with Apple.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I own 3 Windows Phone's, plus the one I gave my Mom. I own a Lumia 2520 and a Windows 7 PC.

I do have a Wii, but I don't really consider that a Xbox competitor... If I needed a Console, I probably would get an Xbox One. I just wouldn't use it.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Laptop/Desktop Windows 8.1. Windows Phone (Lumia 635).

All services Microsoft, except browser everywhere except my phone is Comodo Dragon, and I've been using Mozilla Thunderbird for email.

Waiting on a Universal App for Outlook, and will be going all in with Windows 10. Also waiting on Spartan.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Not really, no. I try not to be too invested in a particular platform. (I own a iphone 6 plus, ipad 4, apple TV, roku 4, Windows PC desktop, xbox 360, and I use onedrive, one note, and office.) I am probably going to pick up a lumia 640 when they release in the US. seems like a good way to keep up with the platform and as a second phone. But I just cant make it my primary phone due to the app problem and app support problem. sorry :(

I always liked MS though. Was a XBOX fan since the original, but I went with PS4 this gen. Probably will pick up a XBOX ONE eventualy though. I usualy own all the current gaming systems at some point.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've used Linux since 2008, in addition to Windows.

I currently have : 2 Windows 8.1 PCs, 1 Linux. PC, 1 Windows 8.1 tablet , 1 Windows Phone, 1 Android phone, and 1 Android tablet.

I use Microsoft services on all of my devices. Bing is my default search engine even in Firefox. I use OneDrive and Outlook.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I've used Linux since 2008, in addition to Windows.

I currently have : 2 Windows 8.1 PCs, 1 Linux. PC, 1 Windows 8.1 tablet , 1 Windows Phone, 1 Android phone, and 1 Android tablet.

I use Microsoft services on all of my devices. Bing is my default search engine even in Firefox. I use OneDrive and Outlook.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I still use google. Say what you want about them, there good at search.

spideymaniac

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Nah, agree with post that stated don't be too invested in one platform, if you have so much needs in any platform and ecosystem, why don't you use them? As long as you can use em

I've had experience with Linux a few years ago, Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch Linux (my favorite), Mandriva, god how much I miss them

My phones are 1 Lumia and 2 Blackberries

And for search engine? Of course I use Google lol

Kovaelin

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I tend to give everything a chance, but I'm with Windows all the way for desktop OS (including laptop). I also own a Windows Phone (Lumia 635). Most of my gaming is done on my PC and PSP; I don't own any big consoles 😡

I had an Android phone for a short time, and was into Google for a while too (undergrad years), but I became wary when they killed off iGoogle. When they then decided to shut down Reader, it was enough to drive me away and seek alternatives. The only services that remained were mail and calendar, and Microsoft takes care of those quite well now. I am quite happy coming back to Outlook after leaving Hotmail back in the old days. Most things have improved, especially webmail; pretty much everyone has caught up to Gmail now, so there's no reason not to revisit. Naturally, I still use YouTube (they wiped the old inboxes!), but I've also been trying to embrace Bing lately. I don't think I'll ever be solely devoted to Microsoft, but I refuse to let Google dominate so easily and completely. As for online storage, I simply use everything, as long as there's lots of it and it's for free (mostly OneDrive)!

I've also given Yahoo and AOL a shot, but neither really feels "harmonious" anymore. There was a time when Yahoo was actually my go-to search engine, and I guess I'll be coming full circle once it becomes "powered" by Bing.

Don't betray me, and I'll stay with you forever, Microsoft. Rip my heart out, and I'll go to Apple. I'll do it! I haven't worked with one seriously since the days they still had green screens, so the curiosity and incentive is there!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2