If people is so negative... Why not to change to other OS?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, Moto g is a pretty great deal. As far as low end goes , it seems like WP performs alot better. That's why I don't want to see it (windows phone) go away, because android is so hit or miss when you get below 600 dollars or so.
The lumia 730 better be good or else the Moto G will steal all the sales

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I can see that. My only counter point is how good are those cheaper android options? While obviously we can only afford what we can afford, I'm not sure how good these cheaper android options are in comparison to the iphone or flagship higher priced android handsets.

Ya I think if android can release some stable nd ram efficient software it can easily conquer wp low end market share.which is not child's play.full credit to ms for making wp a great experience even in low end.

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Maybe because what you interpret as negativity is actually frustrated venting by people who think it's a good product that they like but are angry and frustrated by MS not putting as much effort into the division as they should. I've seen 50 Xbox commercials in 1 month, maybe 20 Surface commercials ever, but have yet to see one WP commercial ever.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Maybe because what you interpret as negativity is actually frustrated venting by people who think it's a good product that they like but are angry and frustrated by MS not putting as much effort into the division as they should. I've seen 50 Xbox commercials in 1 month, maybe 20 Surface commercials ever, but have yet to see one WP commercial ever.

Seems a tad ccounter productive to ***** about that sort of thing doesn't it?

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Seems a tad ccounter productive to ***** about that sort of thing doesn't it?
Not taking sides, just pointing out that not all negative posts should automatically be labeled as anti WP when some are just fans just like any other but frustrated. If the Yankees have a bad season you don't say "fine go support another team if you don't like it" to a fan who thinks the team management screwed a few things up.

Some dissent and discussion should be welcomed as long as it's civil.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Why people "tired" of WP have not changed to iOS or Android?

It is weird, if I'm not satisfied with my phone, the first thing I will do is jump out and buy another phone with another OS.

If everyone did this the marker share would've dropped even further, to the point where it probably would've killed Windows Phone.

A lot of people complain and if there complaints are genuine Microsoft accepts it.

People asked for a File Manager for a very long time and Microsoft finally delivered in Windows Phone 8.1, if people that needed a file manager instead of complaining went back to Android, would that have benefitted Microsoft in any way?

You need to logically think about it.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
If everyone did this the marker share would've dropped even further, to the point where it probably would've killed Windows Phone.

A lot of people complain and if there complaints are genuine Microsoft accepts it.

People asked for a File Manager for a very long time and Microsoft finally delivered in Windows Phone 8.1, if people that needed a file manager instead of complaining went back to Android, would that have benefitted Microsoft in any way?

You need to logically think about it.
It would help microsoft realise that they have to release a file manager ASAP or they will lose sales.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Not taking sides, just pointing out that not all negative posts should automatically be labeled as anti WP when some are just fans just like any other but frustrated. If the Yankees have a bad season you don't say "fine go support another team if you don't like it" to a fan who thinks the team management screwed a few things up.

Some dissent and discussion should be welcomed as long as it's civil.

Good point. :)

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm negative towards Xbox Music. Kind of a deal breaker for me.. One thing I'm asking is for Microsoft to get it right.. I love Windows Phone but Xbox Music persuades me away. I'm fine if there's a better alternative but there's none.

With that, I am changing OSes if they don't get it right.. But after a year of course. In my opinion, except for Xbox Music, this has been the GREATEST mobile OS ever. I've used iOS, it's great but I wont pay extra 200 bucks for the 64GB version, no ma'am. Android is alright but I don't like the feel of it although I still keep an Android device for reading and schooling. If Microsoft gets their pieces together with RT, I'd get it no doubt.

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Ya I think if android can release some stable nd ram efficient software it can easily conquer wp low end market share.which is not child's play.full credit to ms for making wp a great experience even in low end.

WP achieves this by putting ridiculous limitations on app background activity (why we can't have background downloads) and by significantly restricting what developers can do with the available APIs. Not through being magically better "optimised" in some way. You will also find that games like Asphalt and other heavyweights will lag or have worse graphics quality on such hardware - no matter how you gimp the OS, games still require CPU/RAM grunt that doesn't appear magically out of nowhere.

So yeah, the experience is better at the cost of capabilities and features. This will of course be no problem to many users, but I have too many niche needs and depend on my phone for too many things to accept WP's limitations.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
WP achieves this by putting ridiculous limitations on app background activity (why we can't have background downloads).

Your post would make sense if the above were true. WP has supported background downloads for years. It's even publicly documented on MSDN. Developers just have to use it. The APIs aren't that restrictive anymore either...

Things change...

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
That all depends on how things are said. If someone just keeps saying, on this forum for example "Oh WP is crap, etc. etc." then maybe it's because they're on contract or something that keeps them from changing.

But, sometimes, people are considered negative when they complain about this or that. But if they love Windows Phone and wish some things would be better, then there's no reason to dismiss them as just being negative. Sometimes criticism is a good thing. That's how Windows Phone ended up with a notification center and folders for instance.

But like I said, it all depends how it's said (said said said said).

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Your post would make sense if the above were true. WP has supported background downloads for years. It's even publicly documented on MSDN. Developers just have to use it. The APIs aren't that restrictive anymore either...

Things change...

But why IE can't download in background.
Or at least buffer video?

Still feel like generation behind OS.

I saw an Android phone.
If you download any file android it shows download status in notification.
That's very cool & convenient feature.

WP must implemented something like this and make OS more productive.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
But why IE can't download in background.
Or at least buffer video?

Still feel like generation behind OS.

I saw an Android phone.
If you download any file android it shows download status in notification.
That's very cool & convenient feature.

WP must implemented something like this and make OS more productive.

To be fair, I'm a huge Android supporter that may make people think I'm biased against Windows Phone(I'm not).

But I'll give credit to Windows Phone here, they've added downloading of videos and other files into Internet Explorer in Windows Phone 8.1, it works even in the background.

But IMO Android's background services are still better, especially the progress bar and estimated time in the notification tray. 👍

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
To be fair, I'm a huge Android supporter that may make people think I'm biased against Windows Phone(I'm not).

But I'll give credit to Windows Phone here, they've added downloading of videos and other files into Internet Explorer in Windows Phone 8.1, it works even in the background.

But IMO Android's background services are still better, especially the progress bar and estimated time in the notification tray. 👍
Still can't buffer video in background.
Poor download UI.

I purchased 3 Nokia phones.
2 were great(Nokia 6303 & Nokia 5800)

L620 still little bit disappointing.
Still feels like a downgrade.

I wrongly bought this phone.
That was the price if you buy your favorite brand without doing any research.(to be honest first two devices also bought without doing any research)

I have $450 which I saved for Nexus but my laptop crashed a week ago.

Now I have to saves my pocket money again. 😢

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Some people just like to complain and nothing will make them happy sometimes I guess they prefer to be in a constant irritable state :grin: (have dealt with a few clients like this, some of my friends are like this as well). Unfortunately they are not aware of how they come across to other people, that bubble will never pop.

On the flipside, there are people who want the platform to succeed however are genuinely frustrated, as more than often cannot express themselves in a clear and concise manner (as they are at that level, when they just rant away). There are little niggles with windows phone that people rarely talk about it and when you have spent over ?300+ on a phone, you would expect it to just work.. would you not?

For example, you can only attach one document via the office hub and cannot attach documents from the email hub. So you cannot attach emails to a reply, unless you copy the email into a new email, attach the file and send. With WP 8.1 we can now go to the directory and send the file, however still cannot attach with-in a reply. I can assure you, I was frustrated as well when I first got my phone and after awhile I found what worked best for me as I am in this for the long haul (otherwise I wouldn't have bought my 920 for full price [Just over ?500]). Never the less we shouldn't be sending attachments but sending secure links instead, unfortunately old habits aren't easy to kick.

angusdegraosta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
For now my big threat is to keep the 920 for another year. I've been eyeing the LG G3 - would be great to have that camera with WP. What I really want is something like the Lumia 930 on AT&T. The WP OS has been AOK for me ever since 8.1, esp the keyboard and notification center.

Andrew POstings

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
As a long time Android & iOS user I'm now using a 1520 more and more and absolutely loving it. Stunning screen & great battery life and camera. And all the key apps I need are there (or I've found other options). The more I use WP, the more I'm enjoying it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon