No Double tap to sleep feature

walterg1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 920 running 8.1.
I like the double tap to wake feature , it works well on my 920.
I wonder why they did not add Double tap to sleep.
Its the next logical feature.
Any one know if its a planned add on in a future update.?

kmok

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
How would you double tap to sleep on your start screen? A better solution to something like this would to be to have something in the notifications center or on your start screen that would put your phone to sleep when pressed. I used something like this when the power button went bad on my Galaxy SII so there's probably an app you can download.

walterg1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I was mainly thinking about the lock screen.
I stopped wearing a watch when I got my first cell phone.
So I use me phone to check the time.

Im from the Android side and im switching over to Windows.
Im so used to having the feature on my LG phone, I still tend to double tap on my 920 to try to put it to sleep.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
There is an app I installed so I pinned it and it would turn the screen off. and that's good enough.
because I really don't understand the logic of "double tap to sleep" I mean... imagine all the time you would turn off your screen by that... like zooming in IE? and some games that need you to be fast at tapping? so no, I don't see how it's "next logical feature" when it clearly wouldn't work, and many people who have shaking hands will have a problem with it. it looks nice on words, yes, but execution would be hard.

anyway the app is paid but I got it free sometime ago and it works fine, you only tap on the tile and it would turn the screen off.
maybe there are free apps or something, but the one I use it's this one.

Lock Screen | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

so, if you need it so bad, you can have a way to turn the screen off without using the button ^__________^

walterg1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I didnt know about that app. I will check it out.

The way LG did the Double tap to sleep feature is it will only work on certain screens.
It wont work on game, apps, etc.
Its a nice feature to have if its implemented right.

kmok

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I didnt know about that app. I will check it out.

The way LG did the Double tap to sleep feature is it will only work on certain screens.
It wont work on game, apps, etc.
Its a nice feature to have if its implemented right.

Ah okay that makes more sense now. I probably would use that if I had the option.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I was mainly thinking about the lock screen.
I stopped wearing a watch when I got my first cell phone.
So I use me phone to check the time.

Im from the Android side and im switching over to Windows.
Im so used to having the feature on my LG phone, I still tend to double tap on my 920 to try to put it to sleep.

This feature would be interesting. Have you tried the glance screen? Since you're mainly using it to check time. That's what I do at least.

walterg1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
This feature would be interesting. Have you tried the glance screen? Since you're mainly using it to check time. That's what I do at least.

Thanks, not yet but I will.
Right now im still playing with it, with most things turned off to see how much battery life I can get.
I do want to try glance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes