The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-20-2015 06:45 AM
64 123
tools
    SMH... man people are messed up on this forum lately...

Microsoft = software company = where they make their money

Can we all grow up now and realise that there are different software teams working on different products? You know, like businesses are supposed to do? I don't get what's wrong with people these days. You almost get this impression that they haven't got a clue how large companies operate

Oh, maybe because they don't...
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 09-10-2015 at 07:11 AM.
    09-10-2015 05:17 AM
    So instead of updating Groove they do this.
    How many people do you think work at Microsoft? Like they have one developer who has a checklist? He'll get back to Groove as soon as Office iPad apps ship?
    09-10-2015 11:11 AM
    War that last a centry
    09-10-2015 12:01 PM
    I don't know why people are behaving like this is a big deal. The Surface Pro 3/4 and even surface 3 are a better option when it comes to productivity. No matter how big they make the iPad it's still a consumer device. reason being that iOS is not productive in the Enterprise space. The Surface wins in this space. Obviously the mindless and stupid people at the Verge think otherwise.
    It will be good/pro enough to be a successful product for a lot of people needing a fast, light, office/mail/web -tablet.
    This must be at least as fast as 95% of the laptops sold 5 years ago AND you know, people could work even back then (then add the performance boost from tablet optimized apps).

I'm sure that Office will help iPad pro outsell Surface/Surface pro already soon.
    09-10-2015 12:15 PM
    That's exactly why it's bothering me, it's not like Microsoft had to be there- everyone already knows Office is on an iPad. Why did they feel they had to come to a presentation that was clearly aimed at competing directly with the Surface Pro? Just strange.

What's next Nvidia going to start writing graphics drivers for AMD?
    A lot of it has to do with Microsoft's war with Google. According to the Wall Street Journal; by April of 2014, about 16% of businesses used Google Docs versus only 7.7% that used Office 365. As we all know, Office is a huge part of Microsoft's bottom line.

If Microsoft has to suck up their pride and promote Office on Apple's stage to keep Google from stealing more of their bread, then I guess that's what they have to do.
    09-10-2015 12:43 PM
    It will be good/pro enough to be a successful product for a lot of people needing a fast, light, office/mail/web -tablet.
    This must be at least as fast as 95% of the laptops sold 5 years ago AND you know, people could work even back then (then add the performance boost from tablet optimized apps).

I'm sure that Office will help iPad pro outsell Surface/Surface pro already soon.
    Does it really matter if it outsells the Surface?

It's an Apple product. They could have sold the exact same product as last year, but rebranded it and sold millions.
    09-10-2015 02:09 PM
    This type of thing is exactly why Satya is good for MS. He recognizes that the OS will continue to be less important as time goes on. The services and applications are where the money is. Since MS is the only true software company out of the three major OS players today then they are smart in playing to that strength.

And they're talking up Office on the iPad Pro because this is the type of device an executive would buy and force the IT department to support.
    09-10-2015 04:24 PM
    This type of thing is exactly why Satya is good for MS. He recognizes that the OS will continue to be less important as time goes on. The services and applications are where the money is. Since MS is the only true software company out of the three major OS players today then they are smart in playing to that strength.

And they're talking up Office on the iPad Pro because this is the type of device an executive would buy and force the IT department to support.
    Windows isn't their biggest earner anymore and hasn't been for awhile now.
    jmshub likes this.
    09-11-2015 12:26 AM
    I'm a Windows Fan Boy you could say, I have always hated anything apple....quicktime to iPhone. I guess I have softened some over the years.....

Mainly I realize they (Microsoft), are using a New Business model to keep profits up, so it in truth does not bug me at all that they would push to have Microsoft services on iPod, iPad, iPhone, I can even handle Cortana going to Android/iPhone. They need ways to drum up cash.

Where I loose my mind and my @*#t is in the wearable market....I have no beef with The Band, and I see it as a way for Microsoft to find more success. However that is in the Fitness field, and Microsoft does not seem to see there is a population among Windows Phone users who are in dire need of a Smart Watch, much like the now Canceled Moonraker ( The Nokia companion Watch to the Lumia 930 ).

Just yesterday I had a minor melt down when I opened Facebook and Microsoft posted this little tid bit..........
    derp.jpg

I have been pushing hard to draw attention to the fact to date 0 Smart Watches support us, and Microsoft is doing everything for Android Wear/Apple Watch, and leaving Lumia brand still with no option for a Smart Watch.

Again I get this is the business model, but in truth how do things like this make a Loyal Lumia Fan feel????? Even worse is a Loyal fan in dire need of a Windows ready Smart Watch......... ( Please don't say Pebble....there is no Official Pebble support it's a hack and 3rd Party app...and even the 3rd Party app developer was turned down for access to the WP api's)

Are they really so blind they can not see they are slapping the very people who keep their platform alive in the face?????

I am all for Microsoft anything anywhere....but they truly need to address their own platform first and get things in order before they go out and romance Apple/Android users...... just my 2 cents.
    bigbmc26 and RumoredNow like this.
    09-11-2015 08:09 AM
    SMH... man people are messed up on this forum lately...

Microsoft = software company = where they make their money

Can we all grow up now and realise that there are different software teams working on different products? You know, like businesses are supposed to do? I don't get what's wrong with people these days. You almost get this impression that they haven't got a clue how large companies operate

Oh, maybe because they don't...
    Well, even in a “superlarge, hard to understand unless you’re a Mastermind”, -organization I do think it is possible to move resources around?
    I.e. one part is lagging behind severely and IF you feel their work is important, you give them resources?
    However, IF you don’t care about this minor part of your company, you’re happy and continue with your real priorities (iOS/Android).
    09-11-2015 08:25 AM
    Well, even in a “superlarge, hard to understand unless you’re a Mastermind”, -organization I do think it is possible to move resources around?
    I.e. one part is lagging behind severely and IF you feel their work is important, you give them resources?
    However, IF you don’t care about this minor part of your company, you’re happy and continue with your real priorities (iOS/Android).
    You're just guessing at the whole thing, what else is new.

OS development is different than application development. Come back when you have a real argument.
    09-11-2015 08:26 AM
    You're just guessing at the whole thing, what else is new.

OS development is different than application development. Come back when you have a real argument.
    What is your point?
    Is MS in some way restricted from hiring qualified people?
    09-11-2015 08:34 AM
    What is your point?
    Is MS in some way restricted from hiring qualified people?
    No but you're implying that the team that's working on this is too slow and that by throwing more resources at it things will happen faster and better.

It's a great fallacy to think that more people = more productive. I've been on way too many projects to know this lie well.

I think they'd be a lot further ahead if they didn't bother with the TP but that's my opinion.
    09-11-2015 08:47 AM
    No but you're implying that the team that's working on this is too slow and that by throwing more resources at it things will happen faster and better.

It's a great fallacy to think that more people = more productive. I've been on way too many projects to know this lie well.
    The good ol Ringelmann effect...
    09-11-2015 08:55 AM
    The good ol Ringelmann effect...
    Well not entirely that effect but there is some of that on any large project. It's the nature of the beast.

To be a bit more clear, what I've seen happen in the past is that effective communication and tasking tends to go out the window the more people you have on a project. There can be doubling up of tasks, mistakes increasing, wasted energy on tasks not required, etc. I've seen it all. Hell it's happen on the project I'm currently on...
    09-11-2015 09:09 AM
    What's all the fuzz about. Microsoft owns Office and Apple does not have any right to say anything about the functionality of Office. Apple should be ashamed, having 110 billion dollars on their bankaccount and not being able to make an Office program, being totally dependant on Microsoft, the better sotware company.
    One word of Cook about how Office works and he will surely be sued by Microsoft, so that''s why Apple had to pay the head honcho of Office to come to tell the Office story.
    09-11-2015 12:03 PM
    What's all the fuzz about. Microsoft owns Office and Apple does not have any right to say anything about the functionality of Office. Apple should be ashamed, having 110 billion dollars on their bankaccount and not being able to make an Office program, being totally dependant on Microsoft, the better sotware company.
    One word of Cook about how Office works and he will surely be sued by Microsoft, so that''s why Apple had to pay the head honcho of Office to come to tell the Office story.
    Don't you think they can do it if you want to? Who knows, apple might already be working on a "pro-office"? Their problem is not the development, their problem is their limited amount of osx machines. IF the iPad pro is successful, things might be in another situation for apple?
    Or, will MS and Apple constrain themselves from "open war" as long as Google is their worst enemy?
    09-11-2015 01:08 PM
    How many people do you think work at Microsoft? Like they have one developer who has a checklist? He'll get back to Groove as soon as Office iPad apps ship?
    He'll get back to Groove as soon as Office iPad apps ship

Thanks! Thought he's going to abandon Groove. He should get right into it ASAP
    09-11-2015 08:32 PM
    Lol. When fan boys get butthurt over the use of office on other platforms. XD

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5
    09-14-2015 04:14 AM
    To be honest, the only thing that kind of excited me was the iPad Pro, but the Surface is still way better, in terms of everything, at least in my opinion.
    09-14-2015 05:19 AM
    I've been deeply dreaming about this - because iTunes sucks big, and having no way to use Apple Music in my phone sucks even bigger. But no hopes, though.
    09-14-2015 07:48 AM
    To be honest, the only thing that kind of excited me was the iPad Pro, but the Surface is still way better, in terms of everything, at least in my opinion.
    Still the better option. The iPencil was a joke. But of course Apple glorifies everything with those dramatic narratives.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    09-15-2015 10:49 AM
    Still the better option. The iPencil was a joke. But of course Apple glorifies everything with those dramatic narratives.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    iPencil was actually pretty good. I've been hoping that MS would add tilt sensitivity to the Surface Pen.

The iPencil was the only thing I thought was interesting.
    09-16-2015 01:37 AM
    Microsoft should get Morgan Freeman to narrate the event on the 6/10.

seriously, they should learn how things can easily get self marketed on the internet using specific media channels.

they should hire some of those youtubers/ redditors or somebody of that sort.

A simple cat and a unicorn made more voice than most of the things that Microsoft did in the past.
    09-16-2015 07:25 AM
    Celebrity Endorsement Advertising could actually do Microsoft some good.

Showing Celebrities using Surfaces, Lumia Flagships, The Band, and Xbox would look really good for Ms.
    taymur likes this.
    09-16-2015 08:36 AM
64 123