04-08-2014 09:02 PM
81 ... 234
tools
    Doesn't work on my Surface 2. No option to "Pin to task bar" is available as he describes. Nor does the taskbar come up while in Metro
    Right click on the taskbar and select Properties. On the "Taskbar" tab make sure the box beside "Show Windows Store apps on the taskbar" is checked.

As far as the taskbar appearing when in the Start screen when moving the cursor down, it works for me on my Surface 2.
    Mr. Brown likes this.
    04-08-2014 04:34 PM
    I wonder if I should restore my Surface from the USB drive and download the updates again.
    04-08-2014 04:39 PM
    Hey folks...notice something else odd with the Update?

If you have only one app open - say the Mail app and you close it, you get thrown into the desktop. Before the update you would return to the Start Screen. Now, apparently, this is the new 'normal' in desktop machines, but on tablets - I am using the Surface 2 as a reference here - it should revert back to the Start Screen, which is not happening.

This is despite the fact that if you go to the Task Bar> Properties>Navigation and uncheck the box which says return me to the desktop.

Is this happening to you guys too?
    04-08-2014 07:06 PM
    Hey folks...notice something else odd with the Update?

If you have only one app open - say the Mail app and you close it, you get thrown into the desktop. Before the update you would return to the Start Screen. Now, apparently, this is the new 'normal' in desktop machines, but on tablets - I am using the Surface 2 as a reference here - it should revert back to the Start Screen, which is not happening.

This is despite the fact that if you go to the Task Bar> Properties>Navigation and uncheck the box which says return me to the desktop.

Is this happening to you guys too?
    Right click task bar and then deselect the option to show metro apps in taskbar. Then you won't get thrown to desktop.
    kristalsoldier and livekyle like this.
    04-08-2014 07:08 PM
    Right click task bar and then deselect the option to show metro apps in taskbar. Then you won't get thrown to desktop.
    Brilliant! Thanks!!!!!!
    04-08-2014 07:18 PM
    @2:10 he moves the cursor down and the taskbar comes up. Does anyone know if that feature is available on Windows RT? It doesn't work on my Surface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...Tl8iJdZc#t=130
    Didn't realize I had to turn on the option "Show Window Store apps in the taskbar" on. Everything works like a charm now!
    rav16 likes this.
    04-08-2014 09:02 PM
81 ... 234