on screen keyboard problem

dbadali

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got a surface 3 on Monday. I did not get the type cover at this time so I use the on-screen keyboard. I've noticed a problem when closing the on-screen keyboard with the "hide keyboard" button, the keyboard closes but leaves a large black area on the screen where the keyboard was. Is anyone else seen this issue?

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Yup, on my pro 3 and old RT, I think this is a problem ingrained in Windows 8 : / Hopefully windows 10 will iron out this issue
Just refresh the page, and it'll sort itself out

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I do not have that, I would try a system refresh and see if that cures it.

System refreshes don't work, I did a system refresh to try to regain PowerPoint after an infamous update which rendered PowerPoint unusable; long story short is that the system refreshes don't work, and I think its something to do with Windows 8

dbadali

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I decided to do the system refresh and it seems to have solved the problem. Hopefully the problem does not come back or I will likely return the tablet and ask for a replacement.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
it's not something to do with windows 8. I've never had this problem on any 8.0/8.1 machine I've worked on (and that numbers over 100 because of the work I do).

It's most likely you have some program or utility installed that's causing it. some "must have" program that you don't think can be causing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon