Windows 10 on Surface 3 issues

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Just an fyi, there is a Surface Pen app that lets your choose which OneNote app you want to open, and a couple more settings.

I'm typing this on my phone, or I'd give a link to the app. Good luck finding it, though!

Is that the Surface app? If so that's the one that is broken.

Alexis Vargas M

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
The only issue I can think of is the battery draining way too fast. I can't compare battery performance with Windows 8 cause I got mine the day before Windows 10 launched so I used it with 8 for just one day, and battery seemed to work the 9 hours as promised, even though I did thought it discharged to fats (20% in like 1 hour of use). But since I upgraded to 10, I barely survive 5 hours working with wifi, 5 pages opened on Firefox, a photo editor and OneNote opened. Is this normal, or my battery is seriously draining faster than it should?

enixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
The only issue I can think of is the battery draining way too fast. I can't compare battery performance with Windows 8 cause I got mine the day before Windows 10 launched so I used it with 8 for just one day, and battery seemed to work the 9 hours as promised, even though I did thought it discharged to fats (20% in like 1 hour of use). But since I upgraded to 10, I barely survive 5 hours working with wifi, 5 pages opened on Firefox, a photo editor and OneNote opened. Is this normal, or my battery is seriously draining faster than it should?

Do you have the LTE model?

Also, screen brightness will tear your battery up badly. I use like 20% brightness indoors, and can get close to the 9-10 hours on the Surface 3 non-LTE.

Codeworks

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have the issue of swiping down from the top of the screen rarely closes the app in tablet mode? On my Yoga 3 and my Dell XPS 13, a swipe from the top 100% of the time will close the current app, just like it did in Windows 8.1

Now with my new Surface 3 in Windows 10, it takes 5-6-7 times before the application will actually close, if at all.

Anyone else having this issue?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have the issue of swiping down from the top of the screen rarely closes the app in tablet mode? On my Yoga 3 and my Dell XPS 13, a swipe from the top 100% of the time will close the current app, just like it did in Windows 8.1

Now with my new Surface 3 in Windows 10, it takes 5-6-7 times before the application will actually close, if at all.

Anyone else having this issue?

I find it annoying when the keyboard is there but don't have problems otherwise. Occasionally I accidentally put it in split screen mode.

chandy227

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Is anybody else still having continuum auto switching issues after all these updates? My Surface 3 will still not change to tablet mode when I pull the keyboard off. It's the only issue I'm having now. I have to manually toggle tablet mode and I use my S3 in different modes all the time so I'm really missing the seemless experience MS promised.

Help, tips?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine works ok when taking the keyboard off.

My only continuum annoyance is the startup mode. It can be last used or desktop. Why can't it just be auto?

Alexis Vargas M

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
My Surface 3 failed on me catastrophically today. I was working just fine, then freezing completely, then blue screen and some watchdog fail error. It's been twice since I upgraded to 10 and my Surface fails, first it would'nt let me go to the start menu, so I had to create another user session. I'm seriously thinking of doing a clean install of Windows 10, but I'm afraid it won't work.
Help guys, what should I do :(

tmark86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Still having the same problem as mentioned before about all touch interactions being considered right clicks. When logging in it makes it difficult to unlock and impossible to use a picture password. Also makes it impossible to use the S3 as a tablet/touch only device.

If I restart my device it will go back to normal for a while. I'm going to keep an eye and see if it only happens after pen use. It doesn't seem to matter if it is in desktop or tablet mode or whether or not the keyboard is attached.

If anyone has any updates or suggestions to fix it that would be greatly appreciated while we wait for a driver/firmware update.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have issue with Surface 3 not waking up from sleep at times. Only way to get it to wake up is hold power button for 10 seconds to force a shut off then turn it back on again. Back to 8.1 for now until there is a fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes