Photographers using surface book

errole

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello Windows Central team, I was wondering have you guys seen or can show me any articles on wedding, portrait photographers using the surface book or book 2?

It seems like a lot of photographers and artist go for the macbook line.

I am coming from a surface pro but looking into something better.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
If where able to use the Surface Pro for your photography work then surely the Surface Laptop and/or Surface Book 2 would be more than capable. (I would think).

Twitter: @PhotographyET

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It all depends on which application you use. OSX and Windows, ish, can both do the same things but are largely irrelevant if you're using Adobe products. Ideally you'd pick the best spec for the application(s) you're using.

A quad core along with an nVidia 1060, 16Gb ram, should be more than enough for nearly all photographic work.

As to why some photographers go for a mac is probably purely superficial in the great scheme of things. You like what you like and both can complete the task.

Lee_Bo

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
I use both a Windows laptop (i7, 32 gigs of ram) and MacBook Pro (i7, 16 gigs of ram) for photo and video processing. While I've never used a stopwatch to time how long each take to process, I really can't tell a difference. The only reason the Windows machine has 32 gigs is because it's a retired work laptop and was ordered that way, and it's a brick to carry. Honestly, as a long time photographer, I can't say one is better than the other. Video, on the other hand, seems to process faster and better on my MBP, but for photos I really can't tell a difference.

espio

May 31, 2018
Visit site
I'm a photographer who recently upgraded my old Samsung Series 9 13" Ultrabook purchased back in 2013 to a Surface Book 2 13.5" with Nvidia GTX 1050, 16gb ram and 512gb ssd. The only thing I miss from my Samsung notebook is the matte screen. I chose the Surface Book 2 because of the dedicated graphics and for the Surface Pen support.

So far I am extremely happy with the Surface Book 2. I use Photoshop and Lightroom and have been very impressed with the speed that I am able to work. Masking, adjustment brushes and retouching photos using the Pen is by far superior to my old Wacom drawing tablet. The only slight problem I've had with the Pen is with Lightroom, the program is not set up to be able to use just the Pen to edit photos for someone who is left handed, I can't see the photo as I adjust the sliders because my hand gets in the way.

If someone doesn't need dedicated graphics and a high precision drawing pen, the Surface Book 2 might be a bit overkill since it is priced higher than other similar options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes