Why does my Surface Book freeze when I barely move it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Freezes when barely moving my surface book.

I love my book from day one. Sure I had some issues but most got resolved with various updates. Last week my Windows 10 got corrupted and I had to revert back to the factory state.

Now it seems I have an issue where if I am using it on my lap, any bump made causes the mouse and keyboard to freeze up for 4-5 seconds.

The only thing I see in the event viewer at the same time is this.
"The description for Event ID 267 from source Win32k cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."

Any advice? Or could this be my hard drive shutting down for the movement? I don't remember it behaving like this before my restore.

Chris S8

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: Freezes when barely moving my surface book.

Yes it is the i7. I thought it might have to do with the screen not connected all the way and that seems to have helped. I remember I had this issue before where it kept sounding like something was being unplugged.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Freezes when barely moving my surface book.

Yes it is the i7. I thought it might have to do with the screen not connected all the way and that seems to have helped. I remember I had this issue before where it kept sounding like something was being unplugged.

Solved your own issue eh? :winktongue:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon