considering switch to Surface book from Macbook

alyka_t

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
hello all,
long time Mac user here. I bought a Macbook Air about 2 years ago, and have come to terms with the fact that its very quickly being left in the dark and it may be time to switch. I am a student and a freelance photographer/designer so the touchscreen capabilities and pen offered by the surface are very attractive options to me. I suppose I'm just a bit hesitant about making the switch and was wondering if anyone else had done the same? It seems as if the Surface Book would be the best option but I am also considering the Surface Pro 4 since it is a relatively more affordable option. If anyone has any advice on switching on these devices I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

mcf517

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think you should find a way to get one to use for a week to see if you like it or not. The sufacebook and pro 4, at launch, were full of bugs, and was a very frustrating experience for many users. This isn't to say that the product doesn't have its upsides, but even today, I get annoyed with some bugs that still haven't been fully resolved. I had a macbook air 2013, went to an xps13, then to a surfacebook, and I would not recommend this product to non-tech enthusiasts, or general consumers. However, as I said before, you should get your hands to use it for a week and return it if you don't like it. These are very unique products that may be useful for your work and you may find some of the first gen rough edges tolerable, like many of the users in this thread.

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
If you price up the SP4 with a keyboard and the closest specs to the lowest model SB the costs are fairly comparable, at least at UK prices.

I upgraded from a Surface Pro V1, the SP line is (IMO) a tablet that can act as a laptop, whereas the SB is a true hybrid. The SP is a bit awkward to use on your lap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes