You can probably get a free Surface Dock

DrunkasaurusRex

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Displayports on my dock stopped working so I called up Surface tech support. They wanted to know my SurfaceBook serial nuber but never asked for the serial number of my dock, which I bought on Amazon. After 30 minutes of going through their annoying troubleshooting bull**** (which I already tried multiple times before calling) they shipped me a new dock and told me to keep the old one. So I guess if you don't mind lying to tech support you can get a free dock.

ytrewq

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad MS stepped up and addressed your issue. That part of your post is good to hear.

However, the part of your post that explains how someone can be dishonest in order to get something they didn't pay for is a huge step in the wrong direction, and should be deleted.

Jeff Hollon

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
you can't just get one for free. i had mine replaced and was told to keep my old broke one. they have a group of serial numbers for Docks that may or may not be recognized as bad versions. if your number is in the bad batch, they will replace and will not ask for the dead one to be returned. if the serial falls outside of that grouping, they will insist on returning yours first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes