surface pen partially stopped working

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
The top button kept working, but the pen portion stopped working. Shut down and restarted, no help. Removed and repaired Bluetooth, no help, finally took the battery out and put back in and it started working. I guess removing the battery emulated and power off of the device and back on and it worked.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I had that happen and I kept replacing the battery but finally I went into device manager and removed it then said search for new hardware and it reinstalled the pen driver and it's worked for 4 months with no issues.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Could the battery really be dead since december 2015, and hardly any use of pen? I can't seem to pair it again as it stopped working completely, and the light doesn't turn back on? Any ideas?

cwb3106

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Could the battery really be dead since december 2015, and hardly any use of pen? I can't seem to pair it again as it stopped working completely, and the light doesn't turn back on? Any ideas?

Absolutely. Pen doesn't have an off switch so (I assume) it is always using the Bluetooth connection. The clincher is the light not going on since (I think) it doesn't depend on the SB being nearby. I recently had the same problem and changing the battery fixed it. SB was about 9 months old.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely. Pen doesn't have an off switch so (I assume) it is always using the Bluetooth connection. The clincher is the light not going on since (I think) it doesn't depend on the SB being nearby. I recently had the same problem and changing the battery fixed it. SB was about 9 months old.

Thanks, at least I know what to try now :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck