Black Box appearing behind a window

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm noticing an odd issue with my SB, I don't recall seeing this occur before, so its seemingly a recent phenomenon

When I use Chrome, OneNote, or Outlook, a black box appears behind the main window, it more or less flickers based on my mouse movements and/or typing. Not every app causes this and typing doesn't always cause it to appear, though using the mouse seems to be the main factor.

I ran the sfc /scannow cmd and I set the performance setting to maximize performance. I've run malwarebytes (just to be safe) and uninstalled a bunch of stuff that could have been a potential cause, i.e., I had adguard installed but in the name of finding the cause, I uninstalled that.

Here's a snapshot of what I'm talkng about
IMG_2663b.jpg

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the default theme, and I tried changing themes, no change, I also uninstalled flash - again no improvement

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Interesting, I just changed the resolution to the native setting, it was at at a lower setting, and I wonder if I was making my iGPU work harder with the scaling required.

I have the base model surfacebook which does not have the dGPU. I'll keep monitoring the situatiuon but at the moment, the resolution changed seemed to fix it

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, I just changed the resolution to the native setting, it was at at a lower setting, and I wonder if I was making my iGPU work harder with the scaling required.

I have the base model surfacebook which does not have the dGPU. I'll keep monitoring the situatiuon but at the moment, the resolution changed seemed to fix it

Intel's graphics drivers have been flaky from the beginning on the SB, so i'm not very surprised by this at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon