Duo Cracked Screens Avoidance?

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Any thoughts on how to avoid cracked screens on the Duo?

I haven't had a screen break in 8 years. Bought this thing in October, and I've had 2 screen cracks in 2 months, and none were the result of any particular event (such as that of my last screen crack 8 years ago when I dropped by Lumia 920 while texting on my bicycle... woops!) I have kept this thing in my Otterbox leather case and have been very careful with it, but still have had 2 screen cracks, both on the right screen.

Is the Duo especially vulnerable? Is it becuase of warping issues (I did keep it in my pocket). Will screen protectors help?

Hoping for some advice, as I'm a believer on this otherwise amazing device.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Any thoughts on how to avoid cracked screens on the Duo?

I haven't had a screen break in 8 years. Bought this thing in October, and I've had 2 screen cracks in 2 months, and none were the result of any particular event (such as that of my last screen crack 8 years ago when I dropped by Lumia 920 while texting on my bicycle... woops!) I have kept this thing in my Otterbox leather case and have been very careful with it, but still have had 2 screen cracks, both on the right screen.

Is the Duo especially vulnerable? Is it becuase of warping issues (I did keep it in my pocket). Will screen protectors help?

Hoping for some advice, as I'm a believer on this otherwise amazing device.

Well I'd say if it were kept in your pocket (front) then that's most likely the culprit... IMO DUO is way too big for doing such. Something like Khakis or dress pants with large-loose pockets might be OK but jeans, nope. I was never one to put phones in my pockets during daily use as those spots are very vulnerable because of my job(s), only during leisurely times (off work) may I do that but clothing has to be "free" so-to-speak.

fonzman78

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I'd say if it were kept in your pocket (front) then that's most likely the culprit... IMO DUO is way too big for doing such. Something like Khakis or dress pants with large-loose pockets might be OK but jeans, nope. I was never one to put phones in my pockets during daily use as those spots are very vulnerable because of my job(s), only during leisurely times (off work) may I do that but clothing has to be "free" so-to-speak.

I've put my Duo in my front pants pockets since day 1. All type of pants - jeans, khakis, dress, shorts, etc. Never had a cracked or scratched screen. Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself but I'll continue to put the Duo in my front pants pocket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99