Problem with Bluetooth

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a Surface RT and an HTC 8X, and I can't seem to get the two to connect via Bluetooth. They can discover each other just fine, but then they can't connect. They'll start to connect, but then all of the sudden it just stops and nothing happens. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my Surface or my 8X. Has anyone else experienced this?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
My 920 does the same thing with my Surface. Its probably because our WP's BT are very limited in services. We can only connect to use it for voice and play music from.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
My 920 does the same thing with my Surface. Its probably because our WP's BT are very limited in services. We can only connect to use it for voice and play music from.

I'm sorry but that is not correct. Windows Phone 8 now has Bluetooth file transfer.

It's by design that the Bluetooth connection will not stay actively connected. But if the 2 devices are paired properly, then when a file is transferred, you will see the notification. I explain it here how the devices connect

http://forums.windowscentral.com/surface-windows-rt/204008-sharing-over-bluetooth.html

ternell99

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Having same problem connecting to my Beats Pill...I got it to connect once but that was it. I just started using the headphone jack until I can figure out something with the bluetooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon