Windows 8.1

drachen23

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
For those of you having problems seeing the update in the store, type this url in Metro IE: "ms-windows-store:WindowsUpgrade". It will launch the store app to the Windows 8.1 Update page. Works on RT 8.1 Preview too.

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
The RT 8.1 update is 2.1GB in size, will this update file be deleted automatically after update process complete? I now only have about 6~7GB of storage space left, if the free space is getting any smaller, I won't be able to download further more apps from windows store.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it will be deleted. To be on the safe side, you can use the disk cleanup tool in desktop mode to remove any temporary installation files.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Got a problem on my RT - where the update should be in the store I just have a white space. Im seeing the facebook 2.0 app as a spotlight but 3 of the 5 apps that should be there aren't showing up.

Can anyone remember how you reset the store?

i'm having the same issue. reset the whole machine, still getting this. any idea anyone?

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Guys help ...the green progress bar has gone and its still showing downloading..how would i know if it is ??or i need to start over again??

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
do you mean just let the circle spin or just try again later? maybe something is downloading, but i'm used to seeing a bar for download progress thanks for the reply!
I would try again in a few minutes. There will be a progress bar when downloading, the spinning circles means it's trying to load something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon