Windows 8.1

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
So is RT smooth now? or is RT laggy still and apps are sluggish.
I've been running my RT with 8.1 RTM with a few tweaks for a few weeks now and it has been very snappy. The latest fixes that were installed last night seemed to offer a very, very slight improvement over what I was experiencing with 8.1 RTM.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the Music and photos apps? Photos aren't showing up, and when I try to add a library to Music it crashes.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded in under 10 mins... not sure exact time, but I was playing a game for under 10 mins and it downloaded. The install took quite some time... even though I have an SSD installed!

I would say about 30 mins for the installation. Weird.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the Music and photos apps? Photos aren't showing up, and when I try to add a library to Music it crashes.

Hmmm that's weird. I had to open the photos app a couple of times before the tile started flipping on my start screen. Did the photos app ask you to sign into your Microsoft account?

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm that's weird. I had to open the photos app a couple of times before the tile started flipping on my start screen. Did the photos app ask you to sign into your Microsoft account?

Yea same with Music. When I started it said it was adding my music, but then nothing showed up. Very odd. Photos does nothing but say "Sorry there was a problem. Please try again later."

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had time to play with it much, but being able to add a playlist in Music from a text-based list off the web is pretty cool.

AlvaroSoliz94

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Nothing in Chile. I don't know if it is not available yet in here or if I have any issue. My OS is Windows 8 Pro with Media Center. Please can anyone help me? :/

iboypx

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
You might be running an edition of Windows 8 that doesn?t support the free update from the Store

Some editions of Windows 8 don?t support the free update to Windows 8.1. These include:

• Windows 8 Enterprise
  • Editions of Windows 8 Pro that are installed by enterprises using KMS activation
  • Editions of Windows 8 that are installed using an MSDN ISO, and activated using multiple activation keys
  • If you?re running one of these editions, you can't install the free update to Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1 from the Store.
  • If you installed Windows 8 using an MSDN ISO, you might be able to install Windows 8.1 using a similar ISO from MSDN.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
It took 6 hours to update my hp laptop...i didn't like the new store layout and the Facebook app is just hideous ...ll check some more things tomorrow as its already 2 30 am here...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, that took me about 4 hours to update my Surface, wasn't expecting it to take quite so long.

Insti Gator

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
woo hooooooooo!!!!!!

I love the new update! Almost disappointed it didn't start this way! The new multitasking is epic! I can't believe original win8 wouldn't do the 50/50 split, it is the most useful!

The other incredible thing is that 8.1 freed up about 6 GB more free space on my hard drive which is quite precious on a 32GB tablet, now I have some breathing room!!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget to run the disk clean up tool in desktop mode. I managed to regain 1.5Gb.

I just love love love having Outlook.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Updated my At&t Asus VivoTab 4G LTE with no problems what so ever though the download and install was a little long. It is a fast RT device and even faster now after this update.