Maintenance In Progress

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone noticing if their new Surface 2 is stuck with Maintenance in Progress in the action center? I got mine setup last night - logged in, ran Windows Updates, put a few apps on, and browsed the net for an hour or so. This morning, the action center is showing that maintenance is in progress and it's been like that for hours.

I've read that it may be a task that is stuck and it will eventually go away (potentially 4 days), so I'll be patient. It doesn't seem to be affecting CPU or Disk access.

Anyone else stuck?

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a surface, but I did recently clean install 8.1 on a variety of devices. I've noticed this prolonged maintenance on several machines. On one I got so fed up that I cancelled it and manually restarted it. After doing that it seemed to go through the whole process in the normal amount of time - maybe 20 minutes or so??? After restarting it you can see in task manager that maintenance related programs are actually utilizing the CPU.

Conclusion: I think it may be a very minor bug in 8.1, but nothing to worry about.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed that 'maintenance in progress' is going on right now on my about 24 hour-old Surface 2!!!!! I'll give it a few days and see what happens. I wonder what maintenance it is doing?

Also, after it was done, did you notice anything different on your device?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon