Event Log

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone looked at their event log on a new Surface 2? Try clearing your event logs (Application and System), and then restart the tablet. Check the logs after the restart and see what odd stuff is in there. I have device driver errors loading "cdrom" on mine. CD-Rom, on a tablet? Why is that even on there? I get Bluetooth errors, even though I've disabled Bluetooth. Kinda weird.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Another odd event. A disk error. But I can't tell what drive this is. It doesn't appear to be the C: drive.

The IO operation at logical block address vice\00000043 for Disk (PDO name: ) was retried.

I'm getting several of those in the system log.

conorn

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'me getting a lot of the 153/disk errors mentioned above. Are many others? I'd like to know if it's inherent in the device (good or bad) or if it's a small number of dodgy SSDs.

Also getting a huge number of 4101/display erros, although I think that could be driver/firmware related. Anyone else?

CafeChemist

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a ton of the disk error and display errors mentioned above. This morning I encountered the sleep of death (where the tablet cannot be resumed from connected standby) and it was preceeded by a large number of the 4101 display errors. I'm going to the MS store today to see about exchanging. Last week, I checked the Surface 2 display models in store; they had far greater reliability, with very few errors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar