12-04-2013 05:38 PM
37 12
tools
    I just noticed that the volume rocker has quite a bit of excess play.
    Anyone else?
    Even makes a audible noise when the tablet is shaken and seems bothersome when handling the tablet.
    10-23-2013 05:47 PM
    If I were experiencing that issue on a brand new device, I'd return it for a replacement.
    10-23-2013 08:35 PM
    mine seems no worse than my RT.
    10-23-2013 08:37 PM
    lots of folks here are reporting this. i'd return it. if it's doing that after only a few uses, imagine what it'll be like a year from now.
    10-23-2013 08:39 PM
    I took mine back to the store and they gave me no hassle returning it. They could clearly see from the display and one they exchanged it for, the volume rocker being loose wasn't normal.
    10-23-2013 08:43 PM
    I just noticed that the volume rocker has quite a bit of excess play.
    Anyone else?
    Even makes a audible noise when the tablet is shaken and seems bothersome when handling the tablet.

Funny, there were lots of people with his issue when the rt released as well. You'd think they would have learned something with the production process. Definitely get an exchange, they should honor it on spot.
    10-23-2013 09:21 PM
    lots of folks here are reporting this. i'd return it. if it's doing that after only a few uses, imagine what it'll be like a year from now.
    In which thread?

I am so tired of this crap ....seriously!
    10-23-2013 11:27 PM
    Here is a quick video from my 1020 of the issue:
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...NurIcDTRZdvc1g

I made an advanced replacement request this morning
    10-24-2013 02:26 PM
    both my RT and this one made a noise if i shack it (actually my RT did...haven't shaken this one).

Didn't know it came tighter than that....always liked the feel to be honest.

Am i weird? lol
    10-24-2013 03:01 PM
    Wait has anyone replaced theirs and its been better, I thought thats just how it was, mine rattles as well but works fine.

But if its an actual defect I will exchange it.
    10-24-2013 03:44 PM
    I would appreciate it if someone could confirm that theirs does not do that or is not that loose.
    It make a noise even with my hand casually moving the tablet while holding it near the rocker.
    10-24-2013 05:50 PM
    My Surface 2 definitively doesn't do that. The volume rocker is stiff, no rattling when shaking.
    10-24-2013 07:47 PM
    Wait has anyone replaced theirs and its been better, I thought thats just how it was, mine rattles as well but works fine.

But if its an actual defect I will exchange it.
    I bought my first Surface 2 in Florida while on vacation and the volume rocker rattled. When I got back to Boston I exchanged it at Best Buy and now my second one rattles too. Not sure what to do.
    10-26-2013 10:41 PM
    My S2 just started rattling a few days ago. It still works fine but I didn't buy $449 for loose buttons. Considering I'm already on my second unit, I'm going to wait like a week and then send my S2 into Microsoft for repairs. There's no point in running back to Best Buy for a replacement since their entire batch probably has a defect.
    10-27-2013 07:51 AM
    I exchanged mine this morning because of excessive volume rocker play/movement/rattle.

The replacement has the same issue as well.

I'll visit my local MS store in a few months and see what they can do for me. Wait for new devices to fill stores.
    10-28-2013 06:36 PM
    I can return as many defective ones they want to keep shipping me.

Still waiting for ANY kind shipping notification from last weeks exchange application.
    10-28-2013 08:18 PM
    I can return as many defective ones they want to keep shipping me.

Still waiting for ANY kind shipping notification from last weeks exchange application.
    How is the return process through Microsoft? Do you have to send in your tablet first or do they send you one to swap your unit with?
    10-29-2013 05:16 AM
    How is the return process through Microsoft? Do you have to send in your tablet first or do they send you one to swap your unit with?
    I used the Advanced Exchange Program where they ship you a new one and when you get it you ship the defective one back.
    They charge your CC but refund it when they get the defective one back.

Other exchanges on my RT went well but this is talking too long this time.
    HeyCori and ZombieBacchus like this.
    10-29-2013 07:09 AM
    I used the Advanced Exchange Program where they ship you a new one and when you get it you ship the defective one back.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I think I will do this instead of dealing with Best Buy. Thanks again!
    10-29-2013 07:22 AM

Haven't heard of that program before. I might have to look into that.
    10-29-2013 08:03 AM

Are you in the United States or outside? Just wondering if this is offered everywhere. I am in the US. Thanks!
    10-29-2013 10:19 AM
    My first unit had black scratches all over the back. I immediately took it back to Best Buy and now have a one that works well except for the jiggly volume rocker and some black scratches on the power key. I'm scared to replace it again reading some of the other issues people are having such as bleeding edges and such. What do you guys think? I really wish they had nailed the production on their first wave.
    10-29-2013 10:25 AM
    Are you in the United States or outside? Just wondering if this is offered everywhere. I am in the US. Thanks!
    When I had my RT I had heard of people posting about it and when I got tired of my first backlight bleed issue after a few months the option wasn't available and I complained vehemently about being without my Surface for 1.5 weeks to no avail. They refused to pre ship or extend my warrenty.

On my last return for some reason they allowed it and again.

They allow it now but not sure for how long. Kind of a crap shoot with Microsoft.
    ZombieBacchus likes this.
    10-29-2013 11:24 AM
    I am in Canada and purchased through the MS Store online. I think they are all shippied out of the US
    10-29-2013 11:24 AM
    I had this issue with the Surface 2 I bought from Argos here in the UK, took it back and got a new one which is fine.
    10-29-2013 06:03 PM
37 12