Closing apps? Passwords

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Couple questions. Since upgrading to 8.1 I'm having a harder time closing apps, maybe just Metro IE. I can "close" the app, then later come back to open IE again and it pulls it up with all the tabs I had previously opened. How do I completely close out the IE app?

Some websites I have told the computer to save the password. When I go to those sites, it goes to the login screen, albeit with the password filled in, but I still have to hit the login button. Used to it went right to the website, already logged in. Is there a setting in missing somewhere to make those sites go straight past the login page?

lbaxter

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Couple questions. Since upgrading to 8.1 I'm having a harder time closing apps, maybe just Metro IE. I can "close" the app, then later come back to open IE again and it pulls it up with all the tabs I had previously opened. How do I completely close out the IE app?

Some websites I have told the computer to save the password. When I go to those sites, it goes to the login screen, albeit with the password filled in, but I still have to hit the login button. Used to it went right to the website, already logged in. Is there a setting in missing somewhere to make those sites go straight past the login page?

I experienced the same thing with the passwords on a couple of sites in the last 2 days too. As for closing the "apps", I saw on another thread that when you swipe the app down toward the bottom of the screen, hold it for a few seconds until it "flips" over. That is supposed to close it out.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
To close the apps you pull them down and hold them there until the tile flips. Then the app is completely closed :wink:

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I remembered the closing technique. It is terrible. Having to hold the tile til it flips is retarded.

Still need an answer for the websites not going straight the page, already logged in.

I try not and complain, but I'm not enjoying 8.1.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I remembered the closing technique. It is terrible. Having to hold the tile til it flips is retarded.

Still need an answer for the websites not going straight the page, already logged in.

I try not and complain, but I'm not enjoying 8.1.
I'm sure you've probably tried/checked.
but in the internet options are your auto-complete settings ticked for Usernames and Passwords?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's checked. Thank you. I think it is just the way 8.1 is rendering webpages or it may be a bug.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
what about how when you open a new page from your favorites, the favorites bar stays on the page? You have to touch the screen to get the tool bar to collapse down. Good grief!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon