Windows 10 on Surface 3

ValentinG

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Now that Microsoft added the drivers for the graphic adapter, anybody tried to install Windows 10 build 10074?

I installed it yesterday, but it took me 2 days to get the drivers updated...
All drivers seem OK, except "HID Sensor Collection V2". Anyone with the same issue?

What's your overall feedback of Windows 10 with Surface 3?

Pitiated

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
One of my coworkers installed Windows 10 on his Surface 3 running the latest drivers and so far it runs smooth. I did the mistake of installing Windows 10 when I first got my Surface 3 and it was horrible. Now with the new drivers I'll give it a try again. On my desktop I have Windows 10 and I miss not having it on my Surface 3. Let me know how it works for you
Thanks

ValentinG

May 12, 2015
Visit site
If it says "Intel HD Graphics", then you have the update driver (10.18.15.4204).
It's not perfect, but it's better than the previous generic driver.

Do you have any other device showing errors in Device Manager?

d0m1

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Screen rotation does not work on my surface 3 with windows 10 10074.. Has anyone else got this problem?

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Installed Windows 10 on my S3 last night, just to play around on it. It was decent, but never as smooth as W8.1. Had lots of issues installing/updating apps from the Store, and could never get the Mail or Calendar apps to work. Went back to W8.1 this morning. Considering I use my Surface 3 everyday I won't update to W10 until it hits RTM.

ValentinG

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Well ... It was working fine.
Then I decided to do a complete reset (because I prefer to be on a clean machine) and the reset process fails at 5% and I need to recreate a recovery drive now...

d0m1

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
tried to update to the newest build (from 10074) and now the surface 3 is stuck on the page "restoring previous version" and keeps rebooting :angry: Now I am downloading a recovery image from MS..

Tyler Swindell

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey if anyone has problems getting the Intel pre-release graphics driver to install and the only device you have is a basic display adapter in device manager for graphics, please help me get Microsoft's attention that we need downloadable drivers, Windows Update just says you're up-to-date...

I had the drivers, it was great, I went back to 8.1, came back to the insider preview, both builds now won't pull the drivers. They won't get the graphics drivers from Windows Update like it did for me a week ago. I have even tried resetting Windows Update, still doesn't get me anywhere...

Post here or me too it. Windows Update not offering pre-release drivers - Microsoft Community

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a mental block lol
How the hell do I get started installing the windows 10 preview on my surface 3?!

I have had the insider preview on the desktop for so long now that I can't even remember how I got from 8.1 to 10.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just go to the website and download the setup installer. That's it.

I tried the 10074 and my device got stuck in landscape mode so I went back to 8.1. There were a ton of other bugs as well and from the reports I've seen elsewhere this one is no different. However I guess if people aren't trying it then MS will never know what to fix. :)

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just go to the website and download the setup installer. That's it.

I tried the 10074 and my device got stuck in landscape mode so I went back to 8.1. There were a ton of other bugs as well and from the reports I've seen elsewhere this one is no different. However I guess if people aren't trying it then MS will never know what to fix. :)

Ok I will do that, thanks.

H Seldon

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I found the latest build (10122) to still be quite buggy. In tablet mode, cortana gets stuck open, so have to switch tablet mode off. Plus some graphics glitches. I have access to newer builds (just grabbed one this morning), but I only use my old surface pro for those. Haven't wanted to use the surface 3 for that.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I found the latest build (10122) to still be quite buggy. In tablet mode, cortana gets stuck open, so have to switch tablet mode off. Plus some graphics glitches. I have access to newer builds (just grabbed one this morning), but I only use my old surface pro for those. Haven't wanted to use the surface 3 for that.

I must say that I am unsure lol
That is why i did the backup first.
Perhaps me forgetting how to even get started was just some subconscious mental block...

H Seldon

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I must say that I am unsure lol
That is why i did the backup first.
Perhaps me forgetting how to even get started was just some subconscious mental block...

Probably a good idea. The build I just installed on the Surface Pro seems less buggy than 10122 and has some changes which I can't say. But I'm sure someone will get a hold of it and post a video. But I'm still getting cortana stuck on the start screen though. The surface pro is my guinea pig. Once I get a good build, I'll try it on the Surface 3.

ValentinG

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Yes 10122 is a bit buggy but better than the previous know.
Warning: don't try to directly install Windows 10, you want to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to keep all the drivers (WiFi, touchscreen, etc)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigorplux