keyboard problem

Red River

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Surface 3 and the keyboard cover today. Immediately I found there was a keyboard problem.

When I pressed Shift + 2 to get @, I only got ". When I pressed Shift + ' I got " instead of @. The same thing happened on some other keys as well, for example pressed \ but got #.

Just wondering has anyone had the same problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks

Bagums

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I just tested mine out and all the keys seems to be working correctly. Perhaps it's an issue with the keyboard itself? You might want to contact microsoft tech support or exchange it for another if they can't help.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Surface 3 and the keyboard cover today. Immediately I found there was a keyboard problem.

When I pressed Shift + 2 to get @, I only got ". When I pressed Shift + ' I got " instead of @. The same thing happened on some other keys as well, for example pressed \ but got #.

Just wondering has anyone had the same problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks

Shift + ' should give "
Do you mean you got @ instead of " ?

Do you still have the problem after restart? Or after re-connecting the type cover? If you still have the problem, most probably your type cover has some hardware problems.

Red River

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes the keyboard is English as default, same as the language.

To my surprise, the keyboard works fine under Chinese input after I installed it just now. However it is still faulty under English input method. I'll reset the Surface to see what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb