Difficulties from a newbies

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey dude, I got my surface 3 for 2 days. At first, I felt it is a great and high end device. But 2 days with it, I would say my user experience is completely disaster..

1. The windows updates is always buffering. I failed to download software update and install it.
3. Device hangs frequently and randomly.
4. Sometimes I cannot power on my surface. I have to press the power button several times.
5. The wifi connection is very unreliable.

Can you guys let me know if I get a defective device or it's a widespread issue? By the way, I have some more questions

a. Can the touch cover turn on/off screen?
b. If I leave wifi connected over night, will it consume battery life a lot? I assume background tasks are running even without power-on the screen.
c. Does the windows button have a LED light?

I hope to keep it but I have to say it is barely usable. :-( Thanks all.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely defective. I'd try a reset first, but otherwise something has gone seriously wrong.

a. Yes, it should wake and sleep the device automatically by default.
b. I think it'll be OK, the Surface probably will go into Hibernate or some deep sleep mode anyway.
c. I don't think any Surface's start button lit up.

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. My surface 3 seems running better today after I turned off the automatic update. Extended question, how to leave audio playing in background even I turn off the screen? I play spotify(by IE) but the sound turns off along with the screen .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon