Surface Pro LTE phone calls?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a SIM card in my X1 Carbon and there is no phone app for Windows 10, I do make skype phone calls via the SIM card (LTE- data)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Surface 3 LTE (not Pro) and I've connected it with T-Mobile DIGITS and the software adds a dialer. Yes, you can use it as a phone (and SMS) in this manner but you'd still need a phone line to mirror from. The GSM radios on the Surface are weak and this method lets me "tether" to my phone's superior radios.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm as usual am late to the conversation. I would think that the new Surface Pro would have an improved antenna and LTE modem.

Even so, it still is only a phone and the LTE is data only. You can make calls via VOIP services like tmobile digits, skype.. etc

Sebastien Soulier

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Here in New Caledonia, we don't have several options. Only one SIM for calls + 4G . I would love to have a real computer in tablet form in my bag and a Bluetooth headset in my pocket to answer phone calls...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why no other tablet or computer took advantage of the Bluetooth MAP profile to send and receive phone calls and texts like you could with the HP Touchpad. I don't carry that tablet much anymore but it's one of my favorite features since my phone can stay tucked away while using the tablet. While webOS had many firsts, this was an "only". The BlackBerry Playbook could do SMS while bridged but no phone calls.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon